Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i hate my dumba** friend!! *UPDATE #5*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
This week I told my friend I was needing help cleaning and raking my yard. I'm trying to get it ready for the landscapers to plant flowers in a month. She said that's fine! She would be happy to help! We were supposed to get started tomorrow morning.

Well, she called today to tell me she couldn't help me this weekend because her family is having a reunion tomorrow afternoon.

She sees her freaking family everyday practically!! I am so pissed! I feel like calling her mom and telling her that she was supposed to help me, NOT go to some stupid reunion!

I need to get this done. I'm so pissed at her! I'm not sure if I should call her mom or just tell her I can't be friends with someone that goes back on their word.

*UPDATE* I called her mom. She said," ----- told me about you getting upset, I'm so sorry, we didn't know she was supposed to help you.... blah blah... I told her it's fine if she wants to come later or leave the reunion early ski she can still help"
I'm about to call my friend to see which she wants to do.

*UPDATE #2* I called my friend.d twice but she's not answering. I texted her like 7 times and she hasn't responded. She better text or call back. If she doesn't ill be making an unexpected visit to her pathetic apartment.

*UPDATE 3* my friend finally called me back, she said she's going to skip the reunion altogether! I'm so excited! I knew she wasn't that big of a bitch. Also my brother is coming to help. I had asked him before my friend called back. He said he was going to do an Easter egg hunt with his wifes family but he'll help anyway. I will have 2 people to share a beautiful day with!!

*UPDATE #4* I just checked the freaking forecast, whaddaya know?? Its supposed to rain all freaking day tomorrow! I am so pissed. Oh well. I can still get her to help clean my basement or SOMETHING.

*Update#5* well, my friend came and stayed the night last night. We had a long talk about respect. My brother came too, he was being stand-offish, but he loosened up after a couple hours. We cleaned my flower beds, it looks great! My friend started whining about going to the reunion so I said just fucking go. But she said she didn't want to make me mad. So we cleaned up some stuff in my basement, dismantled an old entertainment center. Productive day!!!

My hubbys about to take me for a romantic dinner for all my hard work :) he spoils me!
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 29, 2013 at 11:31 PM
Replies (71-80):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2013 at 12:01 AM
Yeah ok... if you don't have any helpful suggestions on how to deal with a backstabbing friend, exit my post.

Quoting partingwhisper:

i suggest cutting off the friendship; she doesnt deserve such a self centered piece of work 

Quoting Anonymous:

I guess I'm not used to having lazy friends. When my friends come over, they always help me clean, cut grass, RAKE, whatever I tell them basically lol

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

same here. i have a huge yard with three pecan trees, a pine tree, and an oak. i never aksed my friends to help. especially on a holiday weekend.

Quoting tlcory:

Why do you need help raking your own yard? I've never asked any friend to help me with my domestic duties, i don't understand. 

PrissyKrissy02
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 12:02 AM

LMFAO!

Jessica518
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 12:02 AM
Haha shit call her mom
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2013 at 12:02 AM
Her problems are stupid. I never make her listen to me whine.

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

you could care less? how much less? you just proved you arent a good friend when you said you dont care.

Quoting Anonymous:

No actually I'm an awesome friend. I always listen to her stupid problems even though I could care less.

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

you sound like a douche bag friend. the world doesnt revolve around you. i know its been a while since i have been in school, but i know the world revolves around the sun.

Quoting Anonymous:

I just think it's bullshit that she said she'd help then all of a sudden she's got some dumb reunion. My yard isn't very trashy. Just limbs and leaves. She's probably pissed because she doesn't have a yard she lives in a tiny apartment.

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

lol you are going to run and tell her mommy on her? how old are you? it is a holiday weekend. if her family is having a reunion, you need to get over it. how trashy is your yard that you need that much help?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Mar. 30, 2013 at 12:02 AM
1 mom liked this

TROLL

Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 12:02 AM

It sucks that she had to back out on you, but family comes first.  A real friend might be upset but would understand.  Being pissed off and saying that she should blow off a family reunion to help you with your lawn work speaks volumes, honey.

Snapdragon88
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 12:03 AM
1 mom liked this
You can't be serious... Sounds to me like YOU'RE the dumbass friend.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CBMMOM
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 12:03 AM

I think this post is a fake. Right?  If you can afford people to come in plant flowers for you,you can afford to have someone rake for you,too.  If your yard needs to be raked for a specific event,you don't do it a month ahead of time. You don't expect your friend to spend Easter week end raking,rather than being with her family. Grown woman don't tell on their friends to their moms.

partingwhisper
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 12:04 AM

so far judging from your posts on this thread you truly suck as a human being

Quoting Anonymous:

Her problems are stupid. I never make her listen to me whine.

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

you could care less? how much less? you just proved you arent a good friend when you said you dont care.

Quoting Anonymous:

No actually I'm an awesome friend. I always listen to her stupid problems even though I could care less.

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

you sound like a douche bag friend. the world doesnt revolve around you. i know its been a while since i have been in school, but i know the world revolves around the sun.

Quoting Anonymous:

I just think it's bullshit that she said she'd help then all of a sudden she's got some dumb reunion. My yard isn't very trashy. Just limbs and leaves. She's probably pissed because she doesn't have a yard she lives in a tiny apartment.

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

lol you are going to run and tell her mommy on her? how old are you? it is a holiday weekend. if her family is having a reunion, you need to get over it. how trashy is your yard that you need that much help?

EvaTheDiva29
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 12:04 AM

are you 12?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN