Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

how sad, teen died on his 18th birthday

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 1:26 AM
  • 17 Replies

A Long Island teen who was celebrating his 18th birthday in Manhattan on Tuesday died after he was struck by an oncoming train at an Upper West Side subway station.

Liam Armstrong, of Nesconset, was struck by an express 2 train at the 79th Street station when he and his friends were trying to cross the tracks to get to the opposite platform, the New York Post reported.

The young men had exited an Uptown 1 train at the station because they realized they were on the wrong train and needed to head downtown. Instead of exiting the station to get to the other platform, they decided to dash across the tracks. One of the friends made it across safely, and another friend was still on the northbound side of the tracks when Armstrong was struck.

Armstrong suffered a severed leg and died from severe head trauma. He was a student at Smithtown High School East who was expected to graduate this year. His father is a detective sergeant with the Nassau County Police Department.

by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 1:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gemikris82

BUMP!

gemikris82

BUMP!

SincerelyMine
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 1:27 AM
poor baby! his family will be in my porters
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
iwilliams76
by Irene on Mar. 30, 2013 at 1:27 AM

Sad.

3_girls_86
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 1:29 AM
That's sad
thetrollcat
by Meow on Mar. 30, 2013 at 1:30 AM

:(

LucyHarper
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 1:30 AM

Poor kid. Thats why I teach my kids as soon as they can walk, no matter what, you stay off the tracks unless you look both ways and don't see or hear a train. I don't care if it's a quarter mile off, if you can see it, you stay put. On a subway, you never go on the tracks no matter what, no excuses. 

kdloves.
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 1:30 AM
:( damn.
tina08mommy
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 1:31 AM
Sad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 30, 2013 at 1:31 AM
We had a 21 year old here shot and killed (in front of his mom) on his 21st birthday at the club I used to work at

It's all ways sad to hear stuff like this :-(
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)