Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you work? Or are you getting a degree etc?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I feel like i need to do something with my life. I had worked as a housekeeper when i was very young and then as a assistant manager at a clothing store for a few years. Now i am a sahm and worried about my future. I mean i don't have anything to fall back on and my husband and i could really use more money, we arent broke but we don't have much. I can't think of anything i would want to do, i want to have a real career but have no interest in anything really. So what do you all do? Do you work? Where? Going to college?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2013 at 3:05 AM
Replies (11-20):
NBean311
by Chivette on Mar. 30, 2013 at 3:29 AM

I work as a massage therapist. I have a degree in health science. I work for a franchise and for myself. 

wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Mar. 30, 2013 at 3:30 AM

I'm a sahm with a masters degree. I will go to work when all my kids are in school.

Char-Bear
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 3:30 AM
I work from home
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rileysmom76
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 3:33 AM

I do not work at the moment but I am looking .  But until I find work i'm cleaning my home while my son is in school and I pick him up and start my motherly duties

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2013 at 3:33 AM
I have my associates in human services. I wanted to get a higher degree in psychology- but as much as I LOVE the subject, the work is exhausting. Rewarding, yes, but physically and emotionally draining.

I'm a sahm now. I love photography so that may be where I go next.
littleladiesx3
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 3:36 AM

I'm in school now for ECE, but it's online and I still just don't feel like I'm doing much. You know, other than raising three kids. I'm single, no help, have few hrs to choose from given I don't drive so I'd have to work a job with like the perfect hours close to home and be able to get my kids by 5. I know it can be done it's just so overwhelming. 

I have  few friends asking me for childcare though, so I'm going to take it a step further and inquire licensing for family childcare. From what I understand, even without my Diploma, I can take four or five kids provided the proper space. I do have some ECE training and my Assistant status, so I do have a leg up. I would be finishing my diploma one course at a time so that I don't have to take any more student loans. 

JulieBoyd
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 3:37 AM
I'm a sahm now, but in may i start emt classes with hubby. After that wanna get my degree in ultrasound, but eventually own a business with hubby of our own
littleladiesx3
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 3:37 AM

how? I'm needing ideas. 

Quoting Char-Bear:

I work from home

RadnRem
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 3:38 AM
I am an X-ray and ct tech. I graduated 2 years ago and I absolutely love my career choice!

Not so much when patients cough right in my face though....3 freakin inches away lol. Cover up people!

I only work pen though. The job market is not great in my area unfortunately. Somewhat rural area, bad economy, people pushing back their retirement.....makes jobs for recent grads few and far between.
Char-Bear
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 3:39 AM
1 mom liked this
I work for an insurance company. Spent 6 months in the office and the last 4.5 years telecommuting full time.

Quoting littleladiesx3:

how? I'm needing ideas. 

Quoting Char-Bear:

I work from home

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)