Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you work? Or are you getting a degree etc?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I feel like i need to do something with my life. I had worked as a housekeeper when i was very young and then as a assistant manager at a clothing store for a few years. Now i am a sahm and worried about my future. I mean i don't have anything to fall back on and my husband and i could really use more money, we arent broke but we don't have much. I can't think of anything i would want to do, i want to have a real career but have no interest in anything really. So what do you all do? Do you work? Where? Going to college?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2013 at 3:05 AM
Replies (21-30):
Fields456
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 3:39 AM
Both. I am a licensed real estate agent and have been for the last 6ish years ( had to go to school for my classes ). I am still a real estate agent plus I manage an office and I do all the graphics. I am also currently working towards my BA in business plus a minor in geology and graphic design
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ElizabethGracie
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 3:39 AM

I work,I'm a lawyer...so according to a lot of women here,I'm letting my mother raise my child because she babysits him while my husband and I work *eye roll*

My husband and I are talkin about me becoming a SAHM though,since we're expecting another baby in July and our boys will only be twenty months apart. It's a lot to leave on my mother and we could live comfortably on my husband's salaray alone..

sarcasm

CafeMom Tickers

"Live as if you have faith and faith will be given to you"

Trixi.VonLace
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 3:40 AM
Right now Im a sahm, I do make up but without a license I am only free lance and legally can only do make up application and hair styling, no cut or coloring. I plan on going to cosmetology school but not for a few more years. Once I am licensed the plan is to work part time in a salon then open a small at home salon once I have a clientele built up. For right now the few clients I get a month is plenty.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TSNDDY
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 3:43 AM
I currently work part time as a bartender, I plan to go to school to get a science degree in chemistry.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2013 at 3:52 AM

Quoting Fields456:

Both. I am a licensed real estate agent and have been for the last 6ish years ( had to go to school for my classes ). I am still a real estate agent plus I manage an office and I do all the graphics. I am also currently working towards my BA in business plus a minor in geology and graphic design

I have thought aboout doing real estate and was all set to do it when the housing market got bad so i laid off that. Do you like selling real estate? Do you make okay money, and how do you get a job after you complete your classes?

jen_keiko
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 3:55 AM

I work part time as an admin assistant. I just got my BA in Psychology and am planning on going back to school for my Master's in Counseling after DF gets his BA.

Fields456
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 4:23 AM
I became a realtor just a few months before the housing market crashed. It is so much better now where I live and if u wasnt also getting a salary as the office manager ( became that a few months before I became licensed ) I wouldn't have stuck with it. I believe it is like 70-85% ( cant remeber the exact % ) of newly licensed agents go back to what they were previously doing within a year unless being a realtor is a second income. Once you get established it can be a very good career It is all a out marketing and the ppl you know

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Fields456:

I have thought aboout doing real estate and was all set to do it when the housing market got bad so i laid off that. Do you like selling real estate? Do you make okay money, and how do you get a job after you complete your classes?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thetrollcat
by Meow on Mar. 30, 2013 at 4:25 AM

I am currently in college finishing a degree so I can be a SAHM :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 30, 2013 at 4:27 AM
Im a bored useless sahm. I want to work as a network administrator but need my certs and no money to get them. I want to go back to school but defaulted loans. Sucky ass life of mine.
Trisha234
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 4:29 AM
I have a degree - BS in legal studies - and I work full time from home.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)