Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you work? Or are you getting a degree etc?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I feel like i need to do something with my life. I had worked as a housekeeper when i was very young and then as a assistant manager at a clothing store for a few years. Now i am a sahm and worried about my future. I mean i don't have anything to fall back on and my husband and i could really use more money, we arent broke but we don't have much. I can't think of anything i would want to do, i want to have a real career but have no interest in anything really. So what do you all do? Do you work? Where? Going to college?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2013 at 3:05 AM
Replies (31-40):
FinchsMommy
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 6:23 AM
I work full-time and am in law school at night.

I think you will have more career options if you go back to school. It may be pricey, but the long term benefits by far out number the short term when you have a college degree.
colins_mom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 6:25 AM
I work and am getting a degree. its not one or the other... but oh how I wish it was.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
unusualmom
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 6:28 AM
Both dh and i work for ups.
jeweldragons
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 6:29 AM

No I am unemployed.  But I am an author as well.  We are trying to find a college that I can go to since as a Muslim I cannot take out loans as they involve interest and we cannot deal in or accept interest. 

SadeAyosmom
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 6:52 AM

degree so close to finishing up :)

Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 7:00 AM
I am a sahm and I have a degree in international baking and pastry. I would like to get my bachelors on top of that. But its not needed. When the kids go to school we will reasses if me going back to work is what is right for our family or not. If it is I want to work. At the school board as the food/kitchen manager for the entire school board, teach in one of the counties many culinary programs, or see if I can work at my church.
bluebunbun
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 7:02 AM

Going to College to be a social worker.....I want to work for DYFS/CPS

12345abcde54321
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 7:06 AM

i work 30 hrs/week as a cleaning lady (for myself - i've been in business for 12+ years) and i'm a student at the university of phoenix. i'm working on my master's degree in secondary education, so i spend about 10 hrs/month observing HS classes too. busy busy, but i am happy and looking forward to changing my career path from cleaning to teaching in 2015.

lovemysnugbugs
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 7:15 AM
How did you start your cleaning business? I've been thinking about doing that for awhile now.

Quoting 12345abcde54321:

i work 30 hrs/week as a cleaning lady (for myself - i've been in business for 12+ years) and i'm a student at the university of phoenix. i'm working on my master's degree in secondary education, so i spend about 10 hrs/month observing HS classes too. busy busy, but i am happy and looking forward to changing my career path from cleaning to teaching in 2015.

plainjane55
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 7:17 AM

I work in manufacturing cause I want to. No interest in college. I used to do housekeeping. But if something were to happen, I'd take on housekeeping/custodial for a second job in a heartbeat.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN