Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you work? Or are you getting a degree etc?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I feel like i need to do something with my life. I had worked as a housekeeper when i was very young and then as a assistant manager at a clothing store for a few years. Now i am a sahm and worried about my future. I mean i don't have anything to fall back on and my husband and i could really use more money, we arent broke but we don't have much. I can't think of anything i would want to do, i want to have a real career but have no interest in anything really. So what do you all do? Do you work? Where? Going to college?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2013 at 3:05 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2013 at 7:19 AM

Don't plan on working no more. I'm a sahm and my wonderful husband takes care of all 6 of us and the government.

Val99
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 7:20 AM

I have degrees already and work.  I started as a software developer, and worked my way up through team leader, software manager, project manager, and now i am manager of project engineering and a program manager for a good sized defense contracting firm.

Best thing i ever did was go back to school and I can't imagine doing anything other than what I am doing.

CodeBlue
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 7:21 AM
I work 24-30 hours a week as a nurse aide at a nursing home, and go to nursing school full time. I will graduate next May with my BSN, and have plans to get my Masters degree (eventually).

OP, I encourage you to take one or two classes at your local community college. If you don't know what you want to do, taking general courses could help you decide on what you would like to do as a career.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 7:21 AM

I work for a broadcasting company.  College graduate.

12345abcde54321
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 7:22 AM
1 mom liked this

i put an ad in the little local paper and got a couple of calls. i used family as references, because they could attest to my hardworking, trustworthy, etc personality and verify that i was great at cleaning. got a job or two that way and then word of mouth took over. i have had a waiting list for ages at this point. people love a good cleaning lady!

Quoting lovemysnugbugs:

How did you start your cleaning business? I've been thinking about doing that for awhile now.

Quoting 12345abcde54321:

i work 30 hrs/week as a cleaning lady (for myself - i've been in business for 12+ years) and i'm a student at the university of phoenix. i'm working on my master's degree in secondary education, so i spend about 10 hrs/month observing HS classes too. busy busy, but i am happy and looking forward to changing my career path from cleaning to teaching in 2015.

misskriss10
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 7:22 AM
Right now I`m just working at a retail store while I`m getting my degree. But once I graduate next year I plan on becoming a social worker.
mimi0815
by Mimmie on Mar. 30, 2013 at 7:26 AM
I work overnights at a financial institution in IT. I go to school when I get off of work or on the weekends when hubby has time to watch the kids. We are good financially but I want to continue my education and hopefully finish with a PHD in Organizational Psyhology . Good luck to you mamma once you figure out what you want to do I'm sure you will do just fine. It takes time to figure out what you want to do at a certain time in your life we all get there eventually.
bjdmom
by Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 7:40 AM
Love your screen name! What kind of setting do you work in? I am a tech. I work in an outpatient center. I am heading to work right now. I am going to work on my continuing education credits today.

Quoting RadnRem:

I am an X-ray and ct tech. I graduated 2 years ago and I absolutely love my career choice!

Not so much when patients cough right in my face though....3 freakin inches away lol. Cover up people!

I only work pen though. The job market is not great in my area unfortunately. Somewhat rural area, bad economy, people pushing back their retirement.....makes jobs for recent grads few and far between.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:15 AM
Lol. Really I was being serious. I mean not hustler like gangster.

Quoting Lunarprancer:

april fools

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm a hustler. I don't need to continue my education, and really have zero desire to do so.

KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:16 AM
I teach FT
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)