Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you work? Or are you getting a degree etc?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I feel like i need to do something with my life. I had worked as a housekeeper when i was very young and then as a assistant manager at a clothing store for a few years. Now i am a sahm and worried about my future. I mean i don't have anything to fall back on and my husband and i could really use more money, we arent broke but we don't have much. I can't think of anything i would want to do, i want to have a real career but have no interest in anything really. So what do you all do? Do you work? Where? Going to college?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2013 at 3:05 AM
Replies (61-64):
CV3
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:59 AM

I work and am thinking about furthering my nursing degree cause I need to make a minimum of 40,000 more a year to afford private school and the house I want. Although I dont even know if an NP would make that much....

RadnRem
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 7:21 PM
I work in a hospital. I'm about to head to work right now......yay 12.5 hr overnight shift! Lol

I'm putting off my ceu's because we are about to move into a brand new spanking dept in may. So the training in the new ct equipment will give me a bunch of credits. Those asrt readings can just get sooo boring at times lol.

I'm going to study for my ct registry while doing the overnight shift tonight and tomorrow. Not that it's any more fun than the asrt readings lol! But I'm planning on taking my ct registry in September ....so nervous!

How long have you been a tech for?

Oh, and I made my screen name for my two older boys. Both boys, but oh so different. I have a third son since I made this acct though, so little man got left out

Quoting bjdmom:

Love your screen name! What kind of setting do you work in? I am a tech. I work in an outpatient center. I am heading to work right now. I am going to work on my continuing education credits today.

Quoting RadnRem:

I am an X-ray and ct tech. I graduated 2 years ago and I absolutely love my career choice!

Not so much when patients cough right in my face though....3 freakin inches away lol. Cover up people!

I only work pen though. The job market is not great in my area unfortunately. Somewhat rural area, bad economy, people pushing back their retirement.....makes jobs for recent grads few and far between.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rgba
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 7:27 PM
You could try a quick certificate in something, like nursing assistant or dental tech, see if those hold any interest, then go back later for a degree.

I have my masters in public policy, and am a research director for a living. It's great...but I completed it all first and had kids late in life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SHOE_DIVA
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 7:51 PM
I work part time and go to school part time.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN