Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Home remedy for ants??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
I keep finding those tiny ants by my door hallway. Hate using spray with chemicals anyone know a home remedy?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2013 at 7:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2013 at 7:43 AM
Bump
MammaPaparazza
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 7:45 AM
Me too, it's so frustrating. Baits and spray don't work
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 30, 2013 at 7:47 AM
Splenda will kill them
christina0607
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 7:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Use Terro. Sure ideally you don't want to use a chemical, but cinnamon, mint oil, oats, oranges...and all those other silly ideas do not work.

Old fashioned Terro on the little pieces of cardboard it comes with with will be quick and efficient. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 30, 2013 at 7:48 AM
Or set up stick ttraps for mice and put candy in the middle. I used those for spiders minus the candy and caught 20 + spider with 2-3 different traps. It was meant for mice if any came back and I couldn't believe the amount of spiders I had.
Derari
by :::Achtung::: on Mar. 30, 2013 at 7:49 AM

Flour

If you know where hey are coming from and it's outside, vinegar

Greenstone920
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 7:49 AM
Aspartame mixed with a little honey. They won't go for the aspartame by itself, it needs to be mixed with a natural sweet food.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 30, 2013 at 7:51 AM

Well I don't know a home remedy, but I know that what we do works, not only on ants, but on other pests too. My husband sprays the OUTSIDE of the house. (Yes, I thought he was NUTS), but the stuff he uses has a long lasting affect on the bugs, and most of the time we're pest free. It's best to do it around spring or summer when they're the most annoying, and the spray usually lasts about three to six months I believe. Anyway we haven't had any pests in a while. Our house has a wrap around porch and a basement, so the best place to spray, is around the bottom of the property all around. I hope this helps, just get whatever you feel would work for your situation, (Long lasting spray)

Omd12
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 7:51 AM
I had this issue last summer I used vinegar daily x week on the floor.

http://frugalliving.about.com/od/doityourself/tp/Get_Rid_of_Ants_Cheaply.htm
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
12345abcde54321
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 7:57 AM

i don't know a 'home remedy' but i just put down the little terro liquid ant baits near where i see them and problem solved.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)