Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

child support

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 76 Replies
My ex is supposed to pay me 180 a month in child support which he had been doing it for the last few months... but it's still a thousand behind. Today I asked him if he could buy our child a pair of shoes (we usually switch off) he tells me nice try pal you just took my tax refund. . Umm I check the account no I didn't receive anything. . And now I'm bugged bc I feel like he thinks he helps do much but I feel he does the bare minimal. . Am I wrong to feel this way? ?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2013 at 12:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Emmasmommy52212
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 12:17 PM
2 moms liked this
Umm why couldnt you use some of the $180 to buy shoes?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amanda_mom89
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 12:17 PM
5 moms liked this
They probably did take his tax return. But it will be 6 months from the date they took it until you get it. They have to make sure no one is going to claim injured spouse, taxes were correct..etc.

But still. How hard is it to buy your kid a damn pair of shoes. Eta: I'm talking bout the dad. I'm a step mom and if BM said SD needed shoes DH would get her some)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sheymann
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 12:19 PM

If he says you got his tax refund, you're probably going to get it, it just hasn't gone through yet. If he is behind they will do that.

That being said, he had a baby, he needs to grow up and pay his share. If he's behind, he is not doing "too much"!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2013 at 12:19 PM
Quoting Emmasmommy52212:

I get 40 a week and I will but it bugs me I pay for everything sports. clothes. Food. Insurance everything comes from me
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2013 at 12:20 PM
My first thought too.

Quoting Emmasmommy52212:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2013 at 12:22 PM
Quoting sheymann:

If he says you got his tax refund, you're probably going to get it, it just hasn't gone through yet. If he is behind they will do that.

That being said, he had a baby, he needs to grow up and pay his share. If he's behind, he is not doing "too much"!

That's what is bothering me then acts like we're not entitled to it. It bugs me bc he is so good to his older son. Why does he feel he shouldn't help me?
QueenBof6
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 12:22 PM
If $180 is all he has to pay he must have a low paying job. They go off income. So either he is willingly underemployed or he just has a shitty job.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2013 at 12:24 PM
Quoting amanda_mom89:

They probably did take his tax return. But it will be 6 months from the date they took it until you get it. They have to make sure no one is going to claim injured spouse, taxes were correct..etc. But still. How hard is it to buy your kid a damn pair of shoes. Eta: I'm talking bout the dad. I'm a step mom and if BM said SD needed shoes DH would get her some)

Oh really 6 months?? That maKes sense. . I guess I ask for so much I'm just going to buy them but I wish he would help more
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2013 at 12:25 PM
Quoting QueenBof6:

If $180 is all he has to pay he must have a low paying job. They go off income. So either he is willingly underemployed or he just has a shitty job.

the judge did it based off mini wage 40 hours bc he refused to work for two years I know he makes more but I can't take time off to re Do court
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2013 at 12:26 PM
You just got 180 and couldn't buy your child shoes, plus you probably will get his income taxes it takes like 6 months.. i get nothing from my childrens father and I don't ask him for shit i can take care of my kids on my own I don't get help.. My DF pays child support and on top of that the BM is always asking him for extra money..it's ridiculous.. I'm so glad I'm not a trashy BM..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)