Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I bought my dd a toy instead.  She isn't impressed with candy and she knew the bunny at her gymnastics class was a person.

What do you do for Easter?

With light and love

by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 1:53 PM
Replies (21-30):
lapcounter
by Queen Mom on Mar. 30, 2013 at 2:34 PM
A whole bunch of new stuff for the swimming pool, flip flops, bubbles, kites.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 2:35 PM

I fill a basket with toys, books, and candy.

robibuni
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 2:36 PM
1 mom liked this

We do a basket for our kids *shrugs*

Tomorrow we'll do an egg hunt in pretty dresses. I like a good excuse for pictures :)

xXxLillithxXx
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 2:36 PM

Didn't have money to put together an easter basket because all the bills are due right now and money is tight but my friend made him one..I think its mostly candy. My DD is too young for one and meh, I don't really care too much for easter.

Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Mar. 30, 2013 at 2:43 PM

I don't care for it much either.

Quoting xXxLillithxXx:

Didn't have money to put together an easter basket because all the bills are due right now and money is tight but my friend made him one..I think its mostly candy. My DD is too young for one and meh, I don't really care too much for easter.

With light and love

brandyluzdavid
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 3:03 PM

If my kids don't behave today the "easter bunny" is NOT stopping by here. I know it's wrong to do, but since my ODS turned 7 and YDS turned 6 they both have a BAD attitude and a smart mouth and back talk my husband and I and my BIL and MIL and SIL all the time..

I don't spank them because I was beaten as a child ( NO I DO NOT CONSIDER A POP OR 2 ON THE BUTT A BEATING), my mom would wake me up beating my ass with a belt, long and so hard it would actually hurt me to sit down when I got on the bus and school, she only did that if my dad left to early for work... He left before traffic was to bad b/c he worked an hour or 2 away from work. If he came home to late, he worked at a body shop fixing big rigs that had been in an accident, and doing body work on other types of cars and trucks. Sometimes he would be under a deadline of a couple of days to fix an entire (the front, sides and the back and roofs) truck and would work as late as he could to get it done as quick as he could. She would also beat me if her and my dad got in a fight or if she was having a bad day. She would NEVER do it when my dad was home and figure out how to turn it around on me and how it was my fault when I would tell my dad. I even told my principal and councler at school and DHS would NEVER do anything about it!!! MY PRINCIPAL EVEN TOOK PICTURES OF THE BLACK AND BLUE MARKS ALL OVER MY BACK AND BUTT AND ALL OVER BOTH SIDES OF MY LEGS FOR PROOF FOR DHS...

I have bi-polor, schizophrenia and manic depression and PTSD (PTSD is from the beating and something else I went thru as a child). Due to all of them esp. the bi-polor disorder and being beat as a child I REFUSE TO SPANK OR EVEN POP MY CHILDREN. I use other types of punishments, like if either of them are not being good I will tell them "ya'll are hurting mommy's feelings and I am about to cry because ya'll are not being good" they will tell me they are sorry and they start being good. If that don't work I will put them in the corner and start taking things away. I have been telling them for a few months that the "easter bunny" is watching them and he won't bring them an easter basket and we will NOT color eggs if they don't start behaving.... So far today they have distroyed the living room 3 times and started fighting and won't listen to anything I say.... Since I have told them that the "easter bunny" won't bring them anything if they are not good I AM GOING TO STICK TO MY WORD AND WE ARE NOT CELEBRATING TODAY IF THEY DON'T START BEING GOOD!!! I am giving them one more chance since they picked up the living room from the last time and went to the corner for distroying the living room and fighting......

Is it wrong or mean of me to do this?

LoriLou75
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 3:07 PM

I dragged my ass to the store last night only to get pissed off that I will be picking up all the crappy ass toys and candy to throw away for the next week or two. What a fucking waste.. 

I get all my kids one useful item, but the rest of the basket is fill in crap. 

TSNDDY
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 3:07 PM
My kids are 4 & 1.5, they are getting candy, a puzzle, a book, a craft kit, bubbles, & play dough. DDs getting a swimsuit, sandals & sunhat. DSs getting a tshirt, cargos & sun hat.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PaperClip811
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 3:10 PM

Usually a little basket with a movie, book, small toy(s) and some candy. My mom sent him a bunch of shit this time though LOL.

peachesforme
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 3:10 PM

my 3 girls are getting a basket with candy. we are dying eggs and having our own egg hunt in the backyard. they like getting baskets and candy. I am getting stuffed rabbits too

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)