Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I bought my dd a toy instead.  She isn't impressed with candy and she knew the bunny at her gymnastics class was a person.

What do you do for Easter?

With light and love

by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 1:53 PM
Replies (31-40):
ff-princess
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 3:12 PM
Mine are getting peeps, chocolate marshmallow mini eggs, dove chocolate eggs, jelly beans, a stuffed bunny, sidewalk chalk, and bubbles. the candy will last them for months, and I'll throw a lot of it away when it expires if I don't dig into it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SpiritedWitch
by Froggie on Mar. 30, 2013 at 3:13 PM

Will probably pick hubby up a chocolate bunny and I am coloring (literally ... will be drawing on them with crayons) and then dying my eggs later. He celebrated Ostara with me last week so Easter is just a cutesy thing for us. 

MamaBurmie
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 3:16 PM
This is my sons 2nd Easter so no candy. Puffs and yogurt melts and a couple of small toys.
WithHope
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 3:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

The eggs have Sesame Street figurines & a yoyo, then goldfish, fruit snacks & temporary tattoos. Of course there's a chocolate bunny & gummy sucker too. I couldn't go totally candy free.
peachesforme
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 3:18 PM

Quoting brandyluzdavid:

If my kids don't behave today the "easter bunny" is NOT stopping by here. I know it's wrong to do, but since my ODS turned 7 and YDS turned 6 they both have a BAD attitude and a smart mouth and back talk my husband and I and my BIL and MIL and SIL all the time..

I don't spank them because I was beaten as a child ( NO I DO NOT CONSIDER A POP OR 2 ON THE BUTT A BEATING), my mom would wake me up beating my ass with a belt, long and so hard it would actually hurt me to sit down when I got on the bus and school, she only did that if my dad left to early for work... He left before traffic was to bad b/c he worked an hour or 2 away from work. If he came home to late, he worked at a body shop fixing big rigs that had been in an accident, and doing body work on other types of cars and trucks. Sometimes he would be under a deadline of a couple of days to fix an entire (the front, sides and the back and roofs) truck and would work as late as he could to get it done as quick as he could. She would also beat me if her and my dad got in a fight or if she was having a bad day. She would NEVER do it when my dad was home and figure out how to turn it around on me and how it was my fault when I would tell my dad. I even told my principal and councler at school and DHS would NEVER do anything about it!!! MY PRINCIPAL EVEN TOOK PICTURES OF THE BLACK AND BLUE MARKS ALL OVER MY BACK AND BUTT AND ALL OVER BOTH SIDES OF MY LEGS FOR PROOF FOR DHS...

I have bi-polor, schizophrenia and manic depression and PTSD (PTSD is from the beating and something else I went thru as a child). Due to all of them esp. the bi-polor disorder and being beat as a child I REFUSE TO SPANK OR EVEN POP MY CHILDREN. I use other types of punishments, like if either of them are not being good I will tell them "ya'll are hurting mommy's feelings and I am about to cry because ya'll are not being good" they will tell me they are sorry and they start being good. If that don't work I will put them in the corner and start taking things away. I have been telling them for a few months that the "easter bunny" is watching them and he won't bring them an easter basket and we will NOT color eggs if they don't start behaving.... So far today they have distroyed the living room 3 times and started fighting and won't listen to anything I say.... Since I have told them that the "easter bunny" won't bring them anything if they are not good I AM GOING TO STICK TO MY WORD AND WE ARE NOT CELEBRATING TODAY IF THEY DON'T START BEING GOOD!!! I am giving them one more chance since they picked up the living room from the last time and went to the corner for distroying the living room and fighting......

Is it wrong or mean of me to do this?

there is a difference between discipline and abuse. A big difference.  What your mom did was abuse. Spanking on the butt with your hand however is not abuse and is sometimes unfortunately needed when everything else has failed.  Your kids are walking all over you.  If you dont discipline them now, they will be in huge trouble as teens and adults.  Destroying the living room? Next they will be destroying their lives. Learn how to be authoritative meaning not too passive but not a tyrant.  

MamaBurmie
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 3:20 PM
I'm really sorry that happened to you, but this seems a little off topic.

Quoting brandyluzdavid:

If my kids don't behave today the "easter bunny" is NOT stopping by here. I know it's wrong to do, but since my ODS turned 7 and YDS turned 6 they both have a BAD attitude and a smart mouth and back talk my husband and I and my BIL and MIL and SIL all the time..

I don't spank them because I was beaten as a child ( NO I DO NOT CONSIDER A POP OR 2 ON THE BUTT A BEATING), my mom would wake me up beating my ass with a belt, long and so hard it would actually hurt me to sit down when I got on the bus and school, she only did that if my dad left to early for work... He left before traffic was to bad b/c he worked an hour or 2 away from work. If he came home to late, he worked at a body shop fixing big rigs that had been in an accident, and doing body work on other types of cars and trucks. Sometimes he would be under a deadline of a couple of days to fix an entire (the front, sides and the back and roofs) truck and would work as late as he could to get it done as quick as he could. She would also beat me if her and my dad got in a fight or if she was having a bad day. She would NEVER do it when my dad was home and figure out how to turn it around on me and how it was my fault when I would tell my dad. I even told my principal and councler at school and DHS would NEVER do anything about it!!! MY PRINCIPAL EVEN TOOK PICTURES OF THE BLACK AND BLUE MARKS ALL OVER MY BACK AND BUTT AND ALL OVER BOTH SIDES OF MY LEGS FOR PROOF FOR DHS...

I have bi-polor, schizophrenia and manic depression and PTSD (PTSD is from the beating and something else I went thru as a child). Due to all of them esp. the bi-polor disorder and being beat as a child I REFUSE TO SPANK OR EVEN POP MY CHILDREN. I use other types of punishments, like if either of them are not being good I will tell them "ya'll are hurting mommy's feelings and I am about to cry because ya'll are not being good" they will tell me they are sorry and they start being good. If that don't work I will put them in the corner and start taking things away. I have been telling them for a few months that the "easter bunny" is watching them and he won't bring them an easter basket and we will NOT color eggs if they don't start behaving.... So far today they have distroyed the living room 3 times and started fighting and won't listen to anything I say.... Since I have told them that the "easter bunny" won't bring them anything if they are not good I AM GOING TO STICK TO MY WORD AND WE ARE NOT CELEBRATING TODAY IF THEY DON'T START BEING GOOD!!! I am giving them one more chance since they picked up the living room from the last time and went to the corner for distroying the living room and fighting......

Is it wrong or mean of me to do this?

ohmommi
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 3:21 PM
My kids are getting baskets. In them they will have art crafts, sidewalk chalk, a huge bottle of bubbles, sandbox toys, and some candy. We are trying to keep the candy light this year. They are also getting the new Rise of the Guardians movie. Plus we will have an easter egg hunt at my aunt's house, where we have easter brunch.

Eta we also got them these super cute sock monkeys with bunny ears on them.
mommytoacloud
by Angel on Mar. 30, 2013 at 3:23 PM
I took ds to an egg hunt and to see people where i work (nursing home) as for his basket the one from me is a shovel and pail little bath squirties some other little sand toys and a small chocolatw bunny his grandma is giving him a little basket with a toy drum, guitar, microphone
my4kids274
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 3:25 PM

Yes.  She is like her great grandmother in that regard...

I still remember a story my grandmother told me regarding growing plants.  She would visit places and bring home leaves and seeds or what have you.  She would put them in dirt when she would get home and these plants would grow for her.  lol.  I remember asking her about the different plants that she had in her house and she would say...Oh yeah I brought that home from Bermuda when I was on that cruise with your grandfather.  lol.  One of many great memories I have of her. 

I am sure your dd will have a green thumb like her grandma!  :)  Happy Easter to you and your family. 

Quoting Lunarprancer:

Little miss green jeans huh?  I hope my dd gets that from her g-ma, I have a black thumb!  I hope you enjoy your intimate dinner =0) 

Quoting my4kids274:

1. We do an Easter egg hunt for my 10 and 7 year old.  We have more fun now with it because we can really hide the eggs in great spots so that they really have to hunt for them.  We color eggs and we do Easter baskets for the kids.  This year I got my son a couple of small Lego sets and a model to build.  I got my daughter a bunch of seeds and pots so that she can grow some plants.  She is my little farmer green jeans.  lol.  This kids could put a broomstick in the ground and it would sprout leaves for her.  lol.

We do give them some candy.  Not much though.  Mainly M&M's and jelly beans. 

We do a big Easter dinner also with the family usually.  We will not be at my Mom's this year though because my 20 yo dd has to leave to go back to college tomorrow afternoon (her Spring Break is over with) so we are doing Easter at home this year.  It will just be the 6 of us this year at our house. 

AllofFive19
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 3:29 PM

I love filling my kids' Easter baskets.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)