Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My daughter got in trouble at daycare for saying...

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 2:53 PM
  • 40 Replies

When my husband went to pick her up, the babysitter said she used 'the naughty B word' today, and served a time out and didn't get to participate in the egg hunt.

I asked dd about it, she said "I'm not allowed to do my silly talk anymore".

She's 4.  And she didn't really mean to say it.  Sometimes when she's playing and does this "silly talk" where she makes up rhyming words, like twirl, burl, curl, FLURL!!

Well she must have said something like "twitch, fitch, witch, nitch, BITCH".

Should I offer an explanation to the babysitter or just drop it?

Suggestions? 

by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 2:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BambiF
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 2:54 PM

sorry this was yesterday not today lol...I worded that weird

SWasson
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 3:00 PM

I would certainly explain this to the sitter.

LovelyMommy24
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 3:00 PM
I would give the explanation and tell your daughter not to rhyme with twitch. ;)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kansasmom1978
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 3:02 PM

I would talk to the sitter. If she was rhyming she probably had no idea what she was saying. If she has heard the word, then same on the person who taught it to her.

mom2ljh
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 3:02 PM
Yes, explain to the sitter what you believe happened. That's sad your daughter had to miss the egg hunt. :-(
iwilliams76
by Irene on Mar. 30, 2013 at 3:03 PM

Explain things to your daughter, but also to the babysitter. It sounds like an innocent mistake on your daughters part.

Val99
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 3:03 PM
1 mom liked this

They would have known if she was playing a rhyming game.  I'd mention it and ask the context of the comment.

jiffypop2207
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 3:04 PM
3 moms liked this
Or duck....

Quoting LovelyMommy24:

I would give the explanation and tell your daughter not to rhyme with twitch. ;)

BambiF
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 3:05 PM

Quoting kansasmom1978:

I would talk to the sitter. If she was rhyming she probably had no idea what she was saying. If she has heard the word, then same on the person who taught it to her.

I've never heard her say a naughty word on purpose.  She did the rhyming thing another time at home and said 'fuck'. And I said oh honey that word is not nice, some people might think you're being rude if you say that word.
I guess I just worry that the sitter is going to think I'm making it up lol...but I know my kid and when she told me that she isn't allowed to do silly talk anymore I knew what happened.  Now she thinks rhyming is bad -_-;; 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
Jade_Lufercus
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 3:05 PM

If it were me I'd drop it. I remember when I was in daycare I got in trouble for telling an older boy, who was picking on me, btw, to go suck an egg. I was like 3-4 tops. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)