Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Still think "curves" are sexy?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Since some of you women seem to think curves mean fat rolls and that guys think fat is sexy, do you think a fat guy is sexy or would you rather see a guy with tone and muscle instead of fat?  If you are fat and say you are sexy but think guys like Johnny Depp, Hugh Jackman, Brad Pitt, Justin Timberlake, etc are sexier than say Chris Farley or John Candy than you are a huge hypocrite.  

Some of you don't seem to get the point.  I am not talking about women like someone posted on the first page.  That IS curvy and sexy.  I am talking about those women with fat rolls or a huge muffin top when they button their pants saying that they are curvy and men love curvy women.  That is not curvy, that is FAT!

Edit again...I am of a somewhat normal weight, not even really that skinny.  I am 5'6" and 132 pounds.  Yet my overweight coworkers can constantly make jokes about how skinny I am and if I retaliate and make a fat joke I get in trouble and get talked to by HR?  Yeah, that seems fair.  Makes it even worse when I come on here and see everyone else doing the same thing and realize it is not just my coworkers that are screwed up, it is all of society.  

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2013 at 2:55 PM
Replies (131-132):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 31, 2013 at 12:50 PM

maybe if you call yourself what you are then you will get the motivation to lose the weight and be more healthy instead of calling it cutesy names and making excuses why it is ok.  And don't give me line that you have friends that are skinny and run and you are more healthy than they are like some women do.  That is a bunch of bull.  Any extra fat on your body is bad for your health.

Quoting Momniscient:

Shrugs.
I'm not fat. I just laugh when women get all upset that others are confident if they aren't 'skinny'

I don't give a shit what people call themselves but Fat has become an insult, why on earth would you try to get people to call themselves that?

Quoting Anonymous:

If you are confident, great.  But stop kidding yourself and saying you are curvy or fluffy or whatever word you use and own up to being fat.  Be fat and proud if you are confident of your body.  Don't mask it with other words to make it sound better because it makes it sound like you are ashamed of it.

Quoting Momniscient:

Why do some women get so upset when other women are confident?

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:04 PM
Whatever floats your boat.

I think your attitude is silly an I'm a personal trainer. I would never take that approach with a client in the gym.

Quoting Anonymous:

maybe if you call yourself what you are then you will get the motivation to lose the weight and be more healthy instead of calling it cutesy names and making excuses why it is ok.  And don't give me line that you have friends that are skinny and run and you are more healthy than they are like some women do.  That is a bunch of bull.  Any extra fat on your body is bad for your health.

Quoting Momniscient:

Shrugs.

I'm not fat. I just laugh when women get all upset that others are confident if they aren't 'skinny'

I don't give a shit what people call themselves but Fat has become an insult, why on earth would you try to get people to call themselves that?

Quoting Anonymous:

If you are confident, great.  But stop kidding yourself and saying you are curvy or fluffy or whatever word you use and own up to being fat.  Be fat and proud if you are confident of your body.  Don't mask it with other words to make it sound better because it makes it sound like you are ashamed of it.

Quoting Momniscient:

Why do some women get so upset when other women are confident?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)