Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Biological Father....long story short..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies
Okay..here it goes. I have been with my SO for almost 7 years. We split up for a couple month in 09 i got pregnant by this other guy, told the other guy and gave him the choice to be in babies life or not. I told my SO about the other guy and the baby and he still wanted to get back together. Son is almost 3 and SO has been amazing! Treats son like his own. I haven't seen or heard from other guy since i was 7 weeks pregnant. I'm fine with that because he was always in trouble, drunk, or on drugs. Soo... what I'm wondering is how and when to tell my son about SO not being his biological Father. i don't want to ruin their relationship and i don't want him to hear about it from someone else who is just looking to hurt our family. I know people like that.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2013 at 4:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Newmom8912
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 4:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Dont
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
unspecified42
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 4:37 PM
I would tell him from day one. Don't make it a secret or a big deal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
reava
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 4:38 PM
Good question. I'm in a similar situation. My son is only 6 months old so I have some time.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cbk_mom3
by JayTayGma on Mar. 30, 2013 at 4:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Probably when he's old enough to understand it all. And, be sure you are the one to tell him. Family secrets like that always have a way of coming out, no matter what, and you want to know it was you who told him and not some other family member.

DessaLinn
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 4:44 PM
1 mom liked this

My parents waited until I was 15. It brought on trust issues.
Id tell him once he can understand & comprehend the diffference between his bio dad & his FATHER.
My baby sister is adopted, they told her from day 1 that she has our mom & then her 'belly button mom' (bm). Much easier to process at such a young age. (She's 9).  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2013 at 4:46 PM
I say raise him knowing but don't make an issue out of it except to put a positive spin on it. Like how much SO loves him because he chose to be his daddy and always be there for him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2013 at 4:46 PM
My kids were always told that they were special because the had two Dads....a bio Dad and Daddy...when lil like one year up we told them this and we also had a pic of bio Dad and showed them...we told them he couldn't be a good bio Dad so Daddy took care of them....my kids are now 13 and 15 and adore my DH who is Daddy....their Bio Dad they don't see or talk to but they know who he is and have met him a few times. I always left it up to them we have never bad mouthed him. They learned on their own that he is a liar and unreliable. A hard lesson but they don't blame us they blame him :)
jessi2girls
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 4:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I would have said it from the beginning.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2013 at 4:47 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm dealing with something similar, so bump for more responses.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2013 at 5:16 PM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)