Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Ex wants me to send the kids Easter clothes for a wedding next week

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 142 Replies
3 moms liked this

Let me first off start by saying that my ex pays $268 a month for 2 kids, who are only with him 4 days a month.

He called me this afternoon and told me that next weekend (his weekend) he is taking the kids to a wedding for a friend of his. Then he said "so you will need to send the kid's Easter clothes for the wedding". I send the kids with clothes but only because he will let them stay in the same outfit for 2 days if I don't, I could take it to court but to be honest, it's not worth the time and money because the judge will just tell him to get clothes and he probably still wouldn't do it and then I would have to take him back, all of this costing probably over a thousand dollars and 2 trips to court just to stop having to provide clothes.

But the clothes I provide are pretty inexpensive. I buy them the mix and match stuff from like sears or JCPenny, I get 3 shirts and 3 bottoms for each of them plus 1 pair of PJs a pack of underwear and flip flops in the summer or play tennis shoes in the winter, in the winter, I also get them socks. All that stuff stays in the bags and when they get home, I just wash everything and then put it back in for the next time. A lot of the time, the stuff ends up getting stained up the first or second time but that's why I don't send their nice clothes.

Anyway, I told him "first of all I don't NEED to do anything, if you would like to ask a favor of me, ask, don't tell, second of all, you are lucky I send them clothes at all but I am certainly not going to send their nice church clothes". He got all pissy and tried to tell me I should because of him paying child support (eye roll). In reality, he's just mad because now he has to buy them clothes but that's on him, he wants to take them to the wedding and show them off, he can pay for the clothes. I don't want their nice Easter clothes to get ruined (or any of their nice clothes) because they will wear them to several things this year and I have 2 younger kids with DH so it's always nice to be able to use the clothes again for the little ones.

He texted me again saying that child support should cover this, he is such an idiot! He said I better send the clothes or the kids will go to the wedding in their play clothes, well that will make him look bad, no me, not the kids.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2013 at 6:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2013 at 6:33 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2013 at 6:33 PM

BUMP!

ilovemykids323
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 6:34 PM
2 moms liked this

a nice dress shirt and some dress pants isn't going to cost him a lot. he can probably find them at walmart. tell him to look there.

ColieO
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 6:35 PM
18 moms liked this
You both sound incredibly mature.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 30, 2013 at 6:35 PM
3 moms liked this
I don't agree how he said it, but I don't see the big deal on him using the clothes.
MariannLws
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 6:36 PM
5 moms liked this

I can see both sides of this story. I would send the Easter clothes without a thought. It is a special occasion so why not? I am sure there much more pressing issues to be concerned about than clothes. 

delilahsmom1177
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 6:36 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't get why you can't send the clothes.

I'm a tattooed,pagan,pro-choice,pro-legalizing marijuana,pro-gay marriage,anti-war,non-vaxing,tree hugging,animal loving,book reading,animal testing free,depression battling, trying to raise a free spirit and letting her be who she is but still teaching her important life lessons,fighting for equal rights at the same time,don't like it get over it.

yikesitsmindy
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 6:37 PM
12 moms liked this

I feel bad for the kids. It will be hard for them as adults when they are being raised by children.

littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 6:37 PM
8 moms liked this

$268 for 2 kids? He's a dead beat to even be OK with that.

ETA I wouldn't send him shit either. He can go work another job since he only has them 4 days and get them kids some clothes.

shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 6:37 PM
6 moms liked this

just send the clothes and be the bigger person, you seriously dont realize how much this affects the kids...my son is 24 and he still remembers how much his dad and I fought over stupid things. He will bring it up in a laughing manner now and then, but he wouldnt ever bring it up if it still didnt bother him

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)