Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Facebook photo privacy question...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

A "family member" keeps sharing pics of my kids. Can I remove the share option from my photos?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2013 at 6:42 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2013 at 6:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Please tell me how to do this. Im sick of telling them not to share images of my kids.

Quoting HeartStrings222:

You can't change the sharing, but if they keep doing this against your wishes you can always just put them in a group that you can exclude from seeing pics that you post of your kids.

SunshneDaydream
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 6:46 PM

Ask with more "force" next time...if you know what I mean.  That is NOT COOL.  I had the same issue with my SIL, luckily she was understanding about it.  Worse comes to worse, unfriend the person. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I have :/

Quoting Pennerb924:

Nope. Sharing is a unchangable option. :/ Why dont you ask them to just not share?

AF_Petite
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 6:46 PM
You can block her from seeing your pics. If you want her to be able to see them then just ask her to not post your pics.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 6:46 PM

Yes you can restrict them under the "friends" drop down thing. But if they wont take the pictures down when you asked nicely, why are they even still on your friends list?

ilovemykids323
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 6:46 PM

yes you can... i'm not sure how but i know you can!!! probably somewhere in the prvacy section

Quoting Anonymous:

I have asked and they do not listen. I feel torn. If i don't share pics, everyone else loses out. Can I block one person from viewing them?

Quoting thenameshailie:

Dont tag them anymore and ask them not to share your pictures

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2013 at 6:47 PM

Its annoying as hell. At this point i feel like they are doing this to spite me.

Quoting Pennerb924:

I know how you feel. :/

Quoting Anonymous:

I have :/

Quoting Pennerb924:

Nope. Sharing is a unchangable option. :/ Why dont you ask them to just not share?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2013 at 6:47 PM

dh's side. He would have puppies.

Quoting thenameshailie:

Yes you can restrict them under the "friends" drop down thing. But if they wont take the pictures down when you asked nicely, why are they even still on your friends list?

MyLittleMunchie
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 6:48 PM
you can make a new category of friends in the settings like friends, family, co-workers...you can make another, let's say "associates" and restrict that group from seeing your albums or photos you're tagged in.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2013 at 6:48 PM

I have already asked. Its almost out of spite.

Quoting AF_Petite:

You can block her from seeing your pics. If you want her to be able to see them then just ask her to not post your pics.

elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 6:49 PM

I *think* you can hide pictures from certain people. I know you can do this with statuses, so check it out for pics!

Quoting Anonymous:

I have tagged this preson to be nice, but they remove the tag, and re upload pics on their facebook.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN