Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Facebook photo privacy question...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

A "family member" keeps sharing pics of my kids. Can I remove the share option from my photos?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2013 at 6:42 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2013 at 6:49 PM

Ty. Can I name it Asshole Inlaws? :)

Quoting MyLittleMunchie:

you can make a new category of friends in the settings like friends, family, co-workers...you can make another, let's say "associates" and restrict that group from seeing your albums or photos you're tagged in.

thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 6:49 PM

Puppies? Is that some kind of lingo for he would be mad if you deleted this person? I would delete them anyways honestly. I hate it when people share picture of my kids. 

fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 6:49 PM

Nope if you are tagging her anyways I don't see what the big deal is.

AF_Petite
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 6:50 PM
Go to your albums and change the privacy setting on it. The option is right next to the number of pictures in your album (under the album title.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have asked and they do not listen. I feel torn. If i don't share pics, everyone else loses out. Can I block one person from viewing them?

Quoting thenameshailie:

Dont tag them anymore and ask them not to share your pictures

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AF_Petite
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 6:52 PM
You cannot already change what she has shared. But you can prevent future shares. Do the privacy change on the album and put her in the list of people you don't want to share with.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have already asked. Its almost out of spite.

Quoting AF_Petite:

You can block her from seeing your pics. If you want her to be able to see them then just ask her to not post your pics.

MyLittleMunchie
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 6:52 PM
whatever you'd like, I don't believe they can see what you've labeled them

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MyLittleMunchie:

you can make a new category of friends in the settings like friends, family, co-workers...you can make another, let's say "associates" and restrict that group from seeing your albums or photos you're tagged in.

HeartStrings222
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 6:53 PM

Munchie explained it perfectly. I was looking for the info to make sure I could explain it right.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MyLittleMunchie:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2013 at 6:56 PM

I'm really sorry to interject on your post but I have a fb photo question too. If I have a mutual friend with someone I've blocked, can they see any pics of me that our mutual friend has shared?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2013 at 6:57 PM

Hell to the yes! :) Ty!

Quoting MyLittleMunchie:

whatever you'd like, I don't believe they can see what you've labeled them

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MyLittleMunchie:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2013 at 6:58 PM

Awesome!

Quoting AF_Petite:

You cannot already change what she has shared. But you can prevent future shares. Do the privacy change on the album and put her in the list of people you don't want to share with.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have already asked. Its almost out of spite.

Quoting AF_Petite:

You can block her from seeing your pics. If you want her to be able to see them then just ask her to not post your pics.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured