Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Pregnant and weight loss

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 6:52 PM
  • 48 Replies

Hi some of you know Im under alot of stress with my current pregnancy.  Im close to going into my 4th month and ive been losing weight fast.  I went down 10 poounds in a week.  Im wondering has this happened to anyone else and was the baby ok?  i just cant keep food down given i dont eat much because when i do it just comes up and im sick for a good few hours.  I cant keep water down lately. 

by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 6:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommytryinnum4
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 7:01 PM
1 mom liked this
With everyone of my pregnancies ive lost and only gained a couple (2-12) pounds in the last month all my babies have been healthy. They weighed 6/13, 8/9, 8/8. No need to worry if the doctor isnt. Good luck hun
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rliperote2
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 7:04 PM

I was worried because it went down so fast.   I mean i wouldnt mine losing 20 pounds but it doesnt seem like a good thing to do when your pregnant lol

Quoting mommytryinnum4:

With everyone of my pregnancies ive lost and only gained a couple (2-12) pounds in the last month all my babies have been healthy. They weighed 6/13, 8/9, 8/8. No need to worry if the doctor isnt. Good luck hun

momofamamasboy
by Andy on Mar. 30, 2013 at 7:06 PM
It hasn't happened to me, but a good friend lost 20lbs during her pregnancy. She delivered a healthy baby girl in Jan.
mommytryinnum4
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 7:07 PM
Thats what I thought also but some women lose. Im currently 13 weeks and have lost 15 pounds already. I guess the good thing is your under your pre pregnancy weight after you have the baby lol

Quoting rliperote2:

I was worried because it went down so fast.   I mean i wouldnt mine losing 20 pounds but it doesnt seem like a good thing to do when your pregnant lol

Quoting mommytryinnum4:

rliperote2
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 7:10 PM

I think im having a boy which makes me a little more worried i know boys dont handle stress as well as girls do.

Quoting momofamamasboy:

It hasn't happened to me, but a good friend lost 20lbs during her pregnancy. She delivered a healthy baby girl in Jan.

rliperote2
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 7:11 PM

I work out too and i dont want to stop becaue it helps with my stress alot.  I mean im not going crazy but i take walks and go to the gymn for an hour a day

Quoting mommytryinnum4:

Thats what I thought also but some women lose. Im currently 13 weeks and have lost 15 pounds already. I guess the good thing is your under your pre pregnancy weight after you have the baby lol

Quoting rliperote2:

Quoting mommytryinnum4:

mommytryinnum4
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 7:12 PM
1 mom liked this
I think you should be fine hun but I would also talk to the doctor and make sure they are happy with it also

Quoting rliperote2:

I work out too and i dont want to stop becaue it helps with my stress alot.  I mean im not going crazy but i take walks and go to the gymn for an hour a day

Quoting mommytryinnum4:

Quoting rliperote2:

Quoting mommytryinnum4:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2013 at 7:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm 26 weeks and down 4 total. I was overweight to start and my Dr is ok with the weight loss vs gain.

Droping 10lbs in a week in concerning. I'd call your Dr. With all the vomiting, you may have hyper emesis.

balagan_imma
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 7:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Please call your OB and discuss what is going on. S/he can help you evaluate your situation and decided if you should continue as you've been doing or change things. Losing that much weight might be good, but it might not be. Call first thing Monday morning.

momofamamasboy
by Andy on Mar. 30, 2013 at 7:14 PM
Have you looked into meditation or prenatal yoga? That may help with the stress on you and the little one

Quoting rliperote2:

I think im having a boy which makes me a little more worried i know boys dont handle stress as well as girls do.

Quoting momofamamasboy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)