Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can't lose weight while breastfeeding. ..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
It's making me want to quit. I want to breastfeed desperately but I'm miserable. It's causing me depression. I'm able to maintain but not lose! ! If I really watch what i eat and watch my calorie intake I can tell a change in my supply! Any idea or suggestions would be great. Also i ride a Excerise bike 5-6 days a week. .
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2013 at 7:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2013 at 7:18 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2013 at 7:19 PM
Stop worrying about yourself and worry about all the benefits you are giving your baby the longer you nurse.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2013 at 7:20 PM
2 moms liked this
Isn't depression a legitimate concern

Quoting Anonymous:

Stop worrying about yourself and worry about all the benefits you are giving your baby the longer you nurse.

thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 7:22 PM

I never lost weight breast feeding either, How old is your baby? Have you given yourself atleast the 9 months to worry about losing weight? Maybe you could wean him/her? I know a lot of moms here wont agree with that and while it is a good thing to do for your baby, it is also a bad thing to do something that makes you miserable.

thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 7:23 PM

Yes it is. You do not have to breast feed your baby. Breast milk may be better, but formula can provide for a healthy baby too. I think it is important to be happy in order to be a good mother.

Quoting Anonymous:

Isn't depression a legitimate concern

Quoting Anonymous:

LucyHourglass
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 7:23 PM
1 mom liked this

paleo diet. no calorie counting. you only eat certain food groups. lots of protien and fat, low carb.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2013 at 7:26 PM
She's only 4 Months :(

Quoting thenameshailie:

I never lost weight breast feeding either, How old is your baby? Have you given yourself atleast the 9 months to worry about losing weight? Maybe you could wean him/her? I know a lot of moms here wont agree with that and while it is a good thing to do for your baby, it is also a bad thing to do something that makes you miserable.

wumbo
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 7:26 PM
Contrary to what some mothers may tell you, your baby wont die or grow up to be a heathen if you give them formula. You being happy is important as much as your baby being happy because they depend on you for EVERYTHING, and if youre depressed it will definitely affect your child. Your metabolism has probably slowed down, though, so that might be part of the problem.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2013 at 7:27 PM
Thanks for the suggestion but I'm not a huge fan of meat

Quoting LucyHourglass:

paleo diet. no calorie counting. you only eat certain food groups. lots of protien and fat, low carb.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2013 at 7:27 PM
Thank you!

Quoting wumbo:

Contrary to what some mothers may tell you, your baby wont die or grow up to be a heathen if you give them formula. You being happy is important as much as your baby being happy because they depend on you for EVERYTHING, and if youre depressed it will definitely affect your child. Your metabolism has probably slowed down, though, so that might be part of the problem.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured