Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

We Reached A Compromise Edit*My DH told me I'll have to get a job and I laughed at him

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 352 Replies
My husband finally found out what he wants to do in life. He's going to go back to school to become a teacher...which is really shitty pay. We have 1 kid and 1 on the way. I'm a SAHM because I'm not putting my kids in daycare. I have a cosmetology degree. DH said I'll have to work when he starts teaching because he'll barely make ends meet with that salary...yeah, not happening. The way I see it is he should get a career that can support his family like he always said he would. I'm not going to be the breadwinner of the house nor should he break his word when he said he'd do anything that could support his family.

And before anyone says I'm an ungrateful bitch and that he'll divorce me...too bad I wouldn''t get much CS with his shittyass teaching pay.

Edit:
Here's the teaching pay in OK, our state
http://ok.gov/sde/state-minimum-teacher-salary-schedule

Edit #2:
Me and DH reached more of a "compromise." He's looking into the military. He's good in communicating and there's plenty of jobs for that. He's already applied for a college, but with flunking out of TWO COLLEGES ALREADY (a state university and community college, I might add) he has little chance of getting in. He basically has 2 options...trade school or the military. He's looking into both.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:41 PM
16 moms liked this
Ungrateful sad woman you are. He doesn't deserve your selfish dumbass. , he can do better.
SRUsarahSC
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:42 PM
17 moms liked this

I hope he does leave you, and with the shitty ass CS you'll be getting, your lazy butt will be working anyways. Way to be a supportive spouse.

Two_Hearts
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:42 PM
8 moms liked this

So.....his happiness doesn't matter in this situation? 

You are pretty sad if you actually think that its ok to put all of the financial responsibility onto him. 

He should be able to do what he wants to do...and you as his wife should be supporting him in that.

Blessedlife79
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:43 PM

Can you maybe work opposite shifts so kids don't have to go to daycare? Or cut back your lifestyle?

Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:43 PM
2 moms liked this

At least you got the ungrateful anf bitch part right.

tigerlily86
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:43 PM
11 moms liked this
Lol.

Well, I see some of your point. Olden day tradition has it that a man should support his family fully. I thought that for a long time because my mother raised me that way. (She is in her late 60's), but I'm starting to see and understand the burden my husband is facing in this economy. I will start working soon, because I love him and could never break him that way by placing full responsibility on him. It's OUR family, not just his.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:43 PM
3 moms liked this
I hope you're a troll.
_ClearFruit_
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:44 PM
1 mom liked this
smh. why did you marry him if you can't help him out.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:44 PM
15 moms liked this
How cuntastic of you.
Crymsm
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:44 PM
6 moms liked this
So you got a degree for nothing...nice.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)