Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

We Reached A Compromise Edit*My DH told me I'll have to get a job and I laughed at him

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My husband finally found out what he wants to do in life. He's going to go back to school to become a teacher...which is really shitty pay. We have 1 kid and 1 on the way. I'm a SAHM because I'm not putting my kids in daycare. I have a cosmetology degree. DH said I'll have to work when he starts teaching because he'll barely make ends meet with that salary...yeah, not happening. The way I see it is he should get a career that can support his family like he always said he would. I'm not going to be the breadwinner of the house nor should he break his word when he said he'd do anything that could support his family.

And before anyone says I'm an ungrateful bitch and that he'll divorce me...too bad I wouldn''t get much CS with his shittyass teaching pay.

Edit:
Here's the teaching pay in OK, our state
http://ok.gov/sde/state-minimum-teacher-salary-schedule

Edit #2:
Me and DH reached more of a "compromise." He's looking into the military. He's good in communicating and there's plenty of jobs for that. He's already applied for a college, but with flunking out of TWO COLLEGES ALREADY (a state university and community college, I might add) he has little chance of getting in. He basically has 2 options...trade school or the military. He's looking into both.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:39 PM
Replies (11-20):
JP-StrongForTwo
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:45 PM
3 moms liked this

I love being a SAHM. And I have yet to need to use the respite hours my daughter is entitled to. 

But i would absolutely get a job if it meant my husband had a chance to do something he would love. 

you are a peice of shit wife. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Being a SAHM is not a right. You cant talk about shitty pay, as you don't get paid at all
anotherhalf
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:45 PM

I think it all depends on where you are in life.  My dh can't just turn around and decide he wants to open a scub shop right now.  He'll have to wait until retirement to do that because we have a standard of living that he can't just toss in the shitter because he feels like it. 

But, if we were just starting out, then I think he should do whatever career suits him.

Corrylove
by Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:46 PM
Hahahaha your just a sweetheart
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:46 PM
2 moms liked this
Haha so when he divorces you for being a selfish gold digging whore you'll either have to go find another sucker for you to bring down or work anyways so have fun with that
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:46 PM
Why should I have to work at night so he can be selfish and knowingly go into a field that can't support his family?

Quoting Blessedlife79:

Can you maybe work opposite shifts so kids don't have to go to daycare? Or cut back your lifestyle?

LiliM
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:46 PM
1 mom liked this
You're an asshole. Support of the family should be on BOTH of you.

And one gets married to be part of a team. You fucked that up to.

I bet your H has some serious buyer's remorse
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:46 PM
3 moms liked this
LMAO @ Degree!
Beauty School Graduate.

Quoting Crymsm:

So you got a degree for nothing...nice.

MommyBoha
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Why should your DH be the only one working?

Quoting Anonymous:

Why should I have to work at night so he can be selfish and knowingly go into a field that can't support his family?

Quoting Blessedlife79:

Can you maybe work opposite shifts so kids don't have to go to daycare? Or cut back your lifestyle?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:47 PM
It got me out of school early while I was in 11th and 12th grade.

Quoting Crymsm:

So you got a degree for nothing...nice.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN