Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We Reached A Compromise Edit*My DH told me I'll have to get a job and I laughed at him

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My husband finally found out what he wants to do in life. He's going to go back to school to become a teacher...which is really shitty pay. We have 1 kid and 1 on the way. I'm a SAHM because I'm not putting my kids in daycare. I have a cosmetology degree. DH said I'll have to work when he starts teaching because he'll barely make ends meet with that salary...yeah, not happening. The way I see it is he should get a career that can support his family like he always said he would. I'm not going to be the breadwinner of the house nor should he break his word when he said he'd do anything that could support his family.

And before anyone says I'm an ungrateful bitch and that he'll divorce me...too bad I wouldn''t get much CS with his shittyass teaching pay.

Edit:
Here's the teaching pay in OK, our state
http://ok.gov/sde/state-minimum-teacher-salary-schedule

Edit #2:
Me and DH reached more of a "compromise." He's looking into the military. He's good in communicating and there's plenty of jobs for that. He's already applied for a college, but with flunking out of TWO COLLEGES ALREADY (a state university and community college, I might add) he has little chance of getting in. He basically has 2 options...trade school or the military. He's looking into both.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:39 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:47 PM

Mobile Photo

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:47 PM
Are you fat?

Quoting Anonymous:

Why should I have to work at night so he can be selfish and knowingly go into a field that can't support his family?

Quoting Blessedlife79:

Can you maybe work opposite shifts so kids don't have to go to daycare? Or cut back your lifestyle?

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:48 PM

what work does he do now?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:48 PM
Because we BOTH agreed on me staying at home for our kids at the start. He's the one going back on his part, not me.

Quoting MommyBoha:

Why should your DH be the only one working?

Quoting Anonymous:

Why should I have to work at night so he can be selfish and knowingly go into a field that can't support his family?

Quoting Blessedlife79:

Can you maybe work opposite shifts so kids don't have to go to daycare? Or cut back your lifestyle?

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:48 PM

Can you work from the home with that?  Make some side money?  Are there ways to trim the budget so it can work?

Corrylove
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:49 PM
Poor thing you..just perfectly ok with other people raising your kids.. Hilarious

Quoting Anonymous:

Being a SAHM is not a right. You cant talk about shitty pay, as you don't get paid at all

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Wrong. I'm a SAHM

Quoting Corrylove:

Poor thing you..just perfectly ok with other people raising your kids.. Hilarious

Quoting Anonymous:

Being a SAHM is not a right. You cant talk about shitty pay, as you don't get paid at all

AnastasiaKorsh
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:49 PM

So, if he divorces you, you'd be getting a job anyway.

Bottom line is that you are ungreatful.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:49 PM
Nope. Before this pregnant I was 5'2 and 102 lbs.

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you fat?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Blessedlife79:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:50 PM

Aww, why won't you at least consider helping your husband find a career he enjoys?  Yes, starting salary for teachers is low, but he will work his way up the pay scale.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured