Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

We Reached A Compromise Edit*My DH told me I'll have to get a job and I laughed at him

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My husband finally found out what he wants to do in life. He's going to go back to school to become a teacher...which is really shitty pay. We have 1 kid and 1 on the way. I'm a SAHM because I'm not putting my kids in daycare. I have a cosmetology degree. DH said I'll have to work when he starts teaching because he'll barely make ends meet with that salary...yeah, not happening. The way I see it is he should get a career that can support his family like he always said he would. I'm not going to be the breadwinner of the house nor should he break his word when he said he'd do anything that could support his family.

And before anyone says I'm an ungrateful bitch and that he'll divorce me...too bad I wouldn''t get much CS with his shittyass teaching pay.

Edit:
Here's the teaching pay in OK, our state
http://ok.gov/sde/state-minimum-teacher-salary-schedule

Edit #2:
Me and DH reached more of a "compromise." He's looking into the military. He's good in communicating and there's plenty of jobs for that. He's already applied for a college, but with flunking out of TWO COLLEGES ALREADY (a state university and community college, I might add) he has little chance of getting in. He basically has 2 options...trade school or the military. He's looking into both.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:39 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:50 PM
He needs to man up. Only a complete pussy would refuse to support his family.
MommyBoha
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:50 PM
And should he lose his current job, then what?

Quoting Anonymous:

Because we BOTH agreed on me staying at home for our kids at the start. He's the one going back on his part, not me.

Quoting MommyBoha:

Why should your DH be the only one working?

Quoting Anonymous:

Why should I have to work at night so he can be selfish and knowingly go into a field that can't support his family?

Quoting Blessedlife79:

Can you maybe work opposite shifts so kids don't have to go to daycare? Or cut back your lifestyle?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:50 PM

My Dh is on disability...for the rest of his life. He also works parttime, but cannot work more than 10 days a month at 10.00 per hour. He would love to work more.

I work full time.....He still makes more than me, but since we are married OUR money is OURS...not his n mine..OURS.   Marriage is a partnership. If times call for working...ya work.  Now get off your lazy selfish ass, find a babysitter and get a job.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:50 PM

That statement is bs.  Just because a woman decides to be a SAHM doesn't mean her education was wasted.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:50 PM
He's making $11 an hour at a blood institute.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

what work does he do now?

Kennadismom
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:51 PM
Wow. I certainly hope you're a troll, if not....you're a real cuntastic piece of work.
momoftwo0406
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:51 PM

Wow how about be a women and do what you have to do for your family. I could never imagine myself not supporting my husband. Then again I like to know that I can support my family no matter what. I don't need a man and I'm proud of that. I wouldn't want to live off anyone husband or not.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:51 PM

And $11an hr is enough to support you guys? He will for sure be making more than that as a teacher, no??

Quoting Anonymous:

He's making $11 an hour at a blood institute.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

what work does he do now?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:52 PM
Yep

Quoting Anonymous:

He needs to man up. Only a complete pussy would refuse to support his family.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:52 PM
Why does he want to become a teacher? I've seen many older people decide to be a teacher and then they couldn't hack it. It's a tough profession and not for everyone.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN