Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We Reached A Compromise Edit*My DH told me I'll have to get a job and I laughed at him

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My husband finally found out what he wants to do in life. He's going to go back to school to become a teacher...which is really shitty pay. We have 1 kid and 1 on the way. I'm a SAHM because I'm not putting my kids in daycare. I have a cosmetology degree. DH said I'll have to work when he starts teaching because he'll barely make ends meet with that salary...yeah, not happening. The way I see it is he should get a career that can support his family like he always said he would. I'm not going to be the breadwinner of the house nor should he break his word when he said he'd do anything that could support his family.

And before anyone says I'm an ungrateful bitch and that he'll divorce me...too bad I wouldn''t get much CS with his shittyass teaching pay.

Edit:
Here's the teaching pay in OK, our state
http://ok.gov/sde/state-minimum-teacher-salary-schedule

Edit #2:
Me and DH reached more of a "compromise." He's looking into the military. He's good in communicating and there's plenty of jobs for that. He's already applied for a college, but with flunking out of TWO COLLEGES ALREADY (a state university and community college, I might add) he has little chance of getting in. He basically has 2 options...trade school or the military. He's looking into both.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:39 PM
Replies (41-50):
3xangel
by *Angelicious* on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:52 PM
This.

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

I hope he does leave you, and with the shitty ass CS you'll be getting, your lazy butt will be working anyways. Way to be a supportive spouse.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mcelly
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:52 PM
I'd laugh at him too!!! If he is the provider he has to provide, teachers make no money, and being broke sucks.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:53 PM

Shut the fk up

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:53 PM
Not really. He works a lot and receives tons of overtime.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

And $11an hr is enough to support you guys? He will for sure be making more than that as a teacher, no??

Quoting Anonymous:

He's making $11 an hour at a blood institute.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

what work does he do now?

Anonymous
2 moms liked this

so it is his obligation to support your lazy ass and forget about his dream because you don't want to work? i hope he divorces you, but only after he takes the time to gather all the proof he needs as to what a lazy ungrateful bitch you are and how unwilling you are to help support your kids so he can get full custody, be free of having to give you a single dime of his paycheck, and leave your ass sitting in some nasty ass gutter begging to cut some one's hair for the price of a sandwich.

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:53 PM
5 moms liked this

Wow.. I'm a SAHM but if my husband honestly came to me and told me that he wanted to switch careers i would happily take over for him. He has worked so hard for so long.. I'm so grateful .

Anonymous
3 moms liked this

He'll make a helluva lot more as a teacher, plus teachers get sweet benefit packages.  And a pension when they retire. You're looking at this pretty short sighted.

Quoting Anonymous:

He's making $11 an hour at a blood institute.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

what work does he do now?

AndOne
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:53 PM

There is nothing wrong with expecting your husband to maintain his part of the agreement that you two made before having children. He needs to wait to go back to school until your children are older.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:53 PM
Because he took a stupid online career test and decided that's just what he HAS to be.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why does he want to become a teacher? I've seen many older people decide to be a teacher and then they couldn't hack it. It's a tough profession and not for everyone.

childofGod995
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:53 PM
2 moms liked this

if you expect to be able to take care of that baby that is on the way with your husband having financial problems now, don't you think he will have more of them with another on the way. i suggest you use that degree and stop worrying about daycare. it is 2013, it takes 2 incomes to make it work. the outcome of one income is shear disaster and i am sure you do not need that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured