Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

why do you care so much (PA related)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 183 Replies
13 moms liked this
Why do you ladies care so much what other people are buying with their stamp? as long as they are not lying to get their stamps why do you care what they buy with it? If someone wants to buy soda, ice cream, patato chips, candy or even Easter basket ; it is none of your business. and NO I didn't buy any Easter Baskets with food stamp. I don't care about all the bullshit that my taxes pay for those stamps blah blah blah , the fact is, taxes would still get paid and it isn't like you pay any more taxes because someone is getting stamp. Get over it.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 31, 2013 at 12:19 AM

bump

Chantilly1
by Gold Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 12:32 AM
4 moms liked this

i don't personally care. I don't get involved with that stuff because I have never needed it so I don't understand how it works. But, if there are children and mom's are buying easter baskets than it seems to me they are pretty decent moms... 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 31, 2013 at 12:33 AM
3 moms liked this
It isnt free. Someone has to pay for it.
Sammybby09
by Gold Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 12:36 AM
3 moms liked this

It's not gonna make anyone's taxes go up any higher because someone bought junk food. So I don't really get why people lose sleep over it. I understand the concern for eating healthy, though. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 31, 2013 at 12:37 AM
1 mom liked this

as i said, even if food stamp were stop you would still have to pay federal taxes and it isn't like you pay more taxes because someone get PA and it is a minimum amount that is paid per person going toward food stamps.

Quoting Anonymous:

It isnt free. Someone has to pay for it.

hello_kitty25
by Platinum Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 12:38 AM
I know right, calm the hell down ppl
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
um.no
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 12:39 AM
I don't give a rat's ass.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AutymsMommy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 12:41 AM
3 moms liked this
It doesn't bother me.
It bothers me more to think of children going without.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 12:42 AM
11 moms liked this

The amount of people on food stamps go up - federal (and in many cases state) taxes go up.  So yes, it IS my money.  Do I care?  Yes, because you are teaching your kids that you are "entitled" to certain things, even if you don't work for them.

And before anyone bitches that they work hard, but get paid little - maybe you should have made some better decisions in your life (especially if you've been on them for more than a year).

waffa
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 12:42 AM

It's a "pissed off at entitlement to abuse our tax dollars" that makes so many concerned about what is in your shopping cart.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why do you ladies care so much what other people are buying with their stamp? as long as they are not lying to get their stamps why do you care what they buy with it? If someone wants to buy soda, ice cream, patato chips, candy or even Easter basket ; it is none of your business. and NO I didn't buy any Easter Baskets with food stamp. I don't care about all the bullshit that my taxes pay for those stamps blah blah blah , the fact is, taxes would still get paid and it isn't like you pay any more taxes because someone is getting stamp. Get over it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Beware! Thar be trolls in these here threads. wink

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)