Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

When did you potty train your child(ren)?

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:36 PM
  • 72 Replies

Poll

Question: What age was your child when they were potty trained?

Options:

Before two

Two

2 - 2 1/2

2 1/2 - 3

3 - 3 1/2

Over 3 1/2

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 81

View Results

My son does not show all the readiness signs for potty training. I have been getting flack from some people about it though. I don't want to force him though because I know that will only cause problems.

When did your child potty train?
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Val99
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:38 PM

Both my kids were trained day and night by 18 months.  I am just realizing they were easier to train than my puppy. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:39 PM

My child is special needs so I'm the worst person to ask this question. I"m embarrassed to say how old he is, and he's not fully potty trained. It's so frustrating I want to cry.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:39 PM

I highly recommend the book "Potty Free Before Three".  It goes over all the historical research in the past regarding Potty Learning and gives great tips for any age range to make it no stress. (Starting as young as 6 months, picking up all hte way through older kids with accidents through the night.)  It's a great fast read. 

mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:40 PM
we started introducing the idea or at 18 months and both of the girls were petty trained a few months after they turn two
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kidlover2
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:41 PM
2 of them were 2 and one was 3 1/2.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:42 PM
My daughter was potty trained before she turned one. Yes it's possible! Anywho the day care she was going to didn't encourage kids before the age if two to be trained so they didn't help with what I was already doing at home. I had to start all over and she wasn't fully trained the second time until she was 2...
kjsaes
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:42 PM
Both were 3
momtolittleg
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:43 PM

Quoting mommy_me:

we started introducing the idea or at 18 months and both of the girls were petty trained a few months after they turn two

This. DD was good at home shortly after 2- I stalled with going out in public, so it was about 2.5 for that. She night trained at the same time. 

pce68
by Patti on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:45 PM
1 mom liked this

How old is your child? If he's under 3, I wouldn't worry about what others say, just wait, but after about 3, definitely by 4, I'd satart working on it even if he's not showing all the signs. Not all kids show all the signs, but they can still be potty trained.

momoftwo0406
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:45 PM

before two it was a must for DD because I didn't want two in diapers but ds was ready early.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN