Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would it be creepy?

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:37 PM
  • 20 Replies

I have had several misscarriages and we had chosen a couple girls names before we  lost the pregnancy and now I am pregnant again and we found out that it is a girl. Would it be weird or creepy to use one of the names that we had chosen with the previous misscarriages? I am not sure how I feel about it but the hubby really likes one of the previous names.

by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mariesmama
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:38 PM

why you havent used those names yet and my condolences

misanutz
by Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:39 PM

By the way we had chosen Alona or Kiara 

Octobersmom
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:39 PM

To me, no, but I don't view miscarriages as real babies.  I'd think that if you consider yourself a mother to those lost fetuses then it would be weird to do it.  Sort of like having a child die and birthing another whom you name the same thing.

divinedimension
by Not Miss Cleo on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:39 PM
I'd do it. Shows respect for the child who passed
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
delilahsmom1177
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:40 PM

If it feels right go ahead. IMO it just means that soul has come back to you.

I'm a tattooed,pagan,pro-choice,pro-legalizing marijuana,pro-gay marriage,anti-war,non-vaxing,tree hugging,animal loving,book reading,animal testing free,depression battling, trying to raise a free spirit and letting her be who she is but still teaching her important life lessons,fighting for equal rights at the same time,don't like it get over it.

misanutz
by Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:48 PM

That's what the hubby said but still unsure

Quoting divinedimension:

I'd do it. Shows respect for the child who passed

misanutz
by Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:51 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:52 PM
When did your miscarriages occur? Have you used the names for any of the lost babies?

I have lost two babies far enough along to tell the gender and I named them and would not use the names for another child. I also had name ideas for babies I lost much earlier and I'd have no problem using those.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:52 PM
When I had my miscarriages I just thought they didn't stick and came when the time was right. I would use the names.
misanutz
by Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:55 PM

I have had 9 misscarriages over the last five years and because we never made it long enough to find out the sex, so I did not chose names. But these are name we would have used had it been a girl. Do think it would be weird to use them now?

Quoting Anonymous:

When did your miscarriages occur? Have you used the names for any of the lost babies?

I have lost two babies far enough along to tell the gender and I named them and would not use the names for another child. I also had name ideas for babies I lost much earlier and I'd have no problem using those.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN