Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I have had several misscarriages and we had chosen a couple girls names before we  lost the pregnancy and now I am pregnant again and we found out that it is a girl. Would it be weird or creepy to use one of the names that we had chosen with the previous misscarriages? I am not sure how I feel about it but the hubby really likes one of the previous names.

by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:37 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2013 at 10:00 PM
I don't think so. It's pretty much like having a boy then using your potential girl name for him for a future daughter IMO.

Quoting misanutz:

I have had 9 misscarriages over the last five years and because we never made it long enough to find out the sex, so I did not chose names. But these are name we would have used had it been a girl. Do think it would be weird to use them now?

Quoting Anonymous:

When did your miscarriages occur? Have you used the names for any of the lost babies?

I have lost two babies far enough along to tell the gender and I named them and would not use the names for another child. I also had name ideas for babies I lost much earlier and I'd have no problem using those.

Cutenessmom
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 10:02 PM

I like Alona you could use it ofr a middle name...

AustinRonMommy
by Nickhole on Mar. 30, 2013 at 10:04 PM

Not creepy at all.

misanutz
by Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 10:07 PM

My hubby loved Alona Jade 

Quoting Cutenessmom:

I like Alona you could use it ofr a middle name...

misanutz
by Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 10:16 PM

I really wish it was easier to chose a girls name

misanutz
by Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 11:15 PM

BUMP!

misanutz
by Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 11:42 PM

BUMP!

An0nym0use
by Rock Lobster on Mar. 30, 2013 at 11:57 PM
1 mom liked this
I lost mine too early to tell gender, so all names were just suggestions. I fell in love with one for a girl and was in the process of convincing my husband it was "the" name when I miscarried.
When I got pregnant again, it felt too strange to even suggest that name, so I let it go with the miscarried baby. I knew that was that baby's name and couldn't be used for any future children of ours:
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
misanutz
by Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 12:37 AM

That is sort of how I am feeling about. I would love to use either names but I feel like it would almost take away from the memory of my misscarriages 

Quoting An0nym0use:

I lost mine too early to tell gender, so all names were just suggestions. I fell in love with one for a girl and was in the process of convincing my husband it was "the" name when I miscarried.
When I got pregnant again, it felt too strange to even suggest that name, so I let it go with the miscarried baby. I knew that was that baby's name and couldn't be used for any future children of ours:

misanutz
by Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:30 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)