Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How the crap do you deal with stuff like this?? I must confess....christians? can ya help me out here?*little edit*

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:39 PM
  • 58 Replies

that I am not a Christian lol I do however RESPECT Christianity and other religions, I will never "bash" or mock anyone's faith. I have beliefs, they just do not fit into a religion I guess....anyway now to my issue I have these neighbors across the street. they are good people, have never been rude, or unkind in any way imaginable. they have helped me when I was STUCK in my driveway lol they even invited us to their 4th of July celebration at the business they own. One time the lady brought us A TON of food they had "left over" from a big family dinner. They however are very much the church going type, as in I think he is a pastor or something at their church. anyway Easter is tomorrow as im sure you all know. So man across the street was out shoveling his walk way (we are in nd, there is still tons of snow) and he saw us come home...I waved and smiled, he did the same...then he asked "what are your plans for tomorrow?" I said "oh, family and ham ha ha ha" I walked away while dh was still there, and I heard him say "what about tomorrow morning? i'd like to invite your family to be apart of our church?" and I sort of ran inside lol I do not want to offend them in ANY WAY....but I just don't want them to think we are faithless or anything. I mean we aren't that way....but im not one to out right offend people...they are such good people and I respect them. what do you say? any ideas how I can handle this gracefully? would anyone of you ( providing you are religious) be offended if I said "no I don't believe in organized religion or church?" help me out here!

omg they are catholic, not christian like i so wrongly ASSUMED like an idiot!

by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hotmama83227
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:45 PM
*sigh* I hate bumping my own post lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:47 PM
Ermmm.....you are kind of making it out like its all a big joke to you. Anyway the best way is honesty.
hotmama83227
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:51 PM

omg no it isnt! i did not mean it to come out that way at all!! im sorry!

JCKitten87
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:52 PM
I hope you get some good advice :/
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:53 PM

I would just politely say "No thank you". You don't need to go into detail.

hotmama83227
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:53 PM

here is the thing, i respect them and their religion, i respect all religion and other's faith. however i don't want to offend them and make them think we are bad people because we don't follow religion

redhead-bedhead
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:54 PM

Just tell him "Thank you for the offer but I must decline." and don't go into specifics.

ACsLady
by Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:54 PM

You don't need to worry about offending them. Simply be honest and explain yourself as much as you'd like. As a Christian myself, I wouldn't be offended if someone said no to an invite to church and I would appreciate their honesty. They will probably be a bit sad for you, but it's not rude to decline the invitation.

hotmama83227
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:54 PM

so do i , i know this will come up again. and i almost don't want to let them down

Quoting JCKitten87:

I hope you get some good advice :/

cjsix
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:54 PM

Just be honest and let them know that for right now you are not comfortable with being in a church even though you do have respect for it. Of course you could do that and still possibly attend with them and see what their church is like?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured