Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

There is an alien race observing earth. They are trying to determine if there are intelligent, self aware life forms on earth. They gain access to our Internet and stumble upon cafemom first. By reading what is being posted today, what do you think their initial impression of humanity would be?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 10:11 PM
Replies (11-15):
Miss-Fortune
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 10:50 PM

True. I, personally, am making the assumption that if they are able to travel through spacetime to earth from even a nearby star system, that they will have a much more advanced understanding of the size and scope of the universe than the average human. I am also assuming that this knowledge will birth a society more like what you see on Star Trek...

Quoting Cymbeline:

I would imagine that we would be perceived as petty and ridiculous.

That is, of course, assuming that aliens possessed more depth and an inherent disdain for trivial matters.

Quoting Miss-Fortune:

I agree with all three of you. I was hoping for more in depth analysis though.... if anyone wants to take a stab at it.

It is interesting to think how we would be percieved by someone not raised with us...

Cymbeline
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 10:54 PM

One would think so, but, our assumptions could be wrong. They could be as shallow and materialistic as the citizens of the Capital in The Hunger Games.

I do like to think you're right, though.

Quoting Miss-Fortune:

True. I, personally, am making the assumption that if they are able to travel through spacetime to earth from even a nearby star system, that they will have a much more advanced understanding of the size and scope of the universe than the average human. I am also assuming that this knowledge will birth a society more like what you see on Star Trek...

Quoting Cymbeline:

That is, of course, assuming that aliens possessed more depth and an inherent disdain for trivial matters.

Quoting Miss-Fortune:

I agree with all three of you. I was hoping for more in depth analysis though.... if anyone wants to take a stab at it.

It is interesting to think how we would be percieved by someone not raised with us...

"What is a man, if chief good, and market of his time be but to sleep and feed? A beast, no more."  Hamlet

Miss-Fortune
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 11:00 PM

Yeah, I am making a lot of assumptions... this is clearly not going to be my doctoral thesis... lol

I just thought it would be an interesting topic of conversation... sadly very few of us agree... =)

Quoting Cymbeline:

One would think so, but, our assumptions could be wrong. They could be as shallow and materialistic as the citizens of the Capital in The Hunger Games.

I do like to think you're right, though.

Quoting Miss-Fortune:

Quoting Cymbeline:

Quoting Miss-Fortune:

bullemhead
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 11:05 PM

That we'd be an easy take down...:)

Miss-Fortune
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 11:09 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured