Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Wal-Mart AGAIN! Update

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 74 Replies
1 mom liked this

I seriously don't get people who shops at good ole Wally-World.  Do some people need to take a stupid pill?  When you walk out of that store and there is a big-ass truck parked illegally by the door, look to see if there is traffic before walking in the road.  Had I been going even 3 miles an hour faster, I would have hit some bozo.  I had my window down and said "Nice watching where you are walking, asshole."  He turned around and said "Fuck you, Bitch".  Oh, I went off on him, calling him every name I could think of.  My mom was sitting in the front seat and kept telling me to be quiet.  My husband calls it "Wal-Mart Road Rage"

Seriously people.  What is so wrong with looking before you walk out into the road??

Update-

This morning I was walking to my car, and someone started backing up.  Guess what I did?  Stopped.

Just because someone has the right to do something, doesn't mean they are always right in doing it.  

People need to learn common sense.  If you are walking in a parking lot, expect cars to be driving and use caution.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2013 at 10:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 10:22 PM

I feel like people suck in ALL parking lots, not just Wal-Mart.

If I'm near Wal-Mart that day, that's where I'm going to do my grocery shopping.. because even though I'm going to wait in line FOREVER, I'm going to pay less. 

There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one.

JessT5280
by MileHigh Mom on Mar. 30, 2013 at 10:23 PM
8 moms liked this

Maybe it's just me .. but I always drive through a parking lot anticipating that someone is going to walk out in front of me. 
I just expect it, and therefore drive slowly.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2013 at 10:23 PM
6 moms liked this

Pedestrians have the right of way.  Duh!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 30, 2013 at 10:26 PM

They really have the right of way when they get hit, now don't they?  Ever hear of "Stop, Look, Listen"

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2013 at 10:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Not necessarily.  cars must yield to pedestrians that are in the crosswalk.

Quoting Anonymous:

WesternNYmom
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 10:33 PM

I encounter this at everystore I got to. It drives me crazy. I also wish that the idiots who park in front of the store and refuse to move would get ticketed.  I am so sick of people who are to lazy to park their car in  an actual space and walk and extra 10 feet to the door.  The sad part is a majority of the people I see getting dropped off in front of the door are able bodied women wearing sky high stillettos.  If my grandmother who is in her mid 80's, has a bad hip, and uses a cane can walk through the parking lot , why can't they?  I also don't get why people who drop off people infront of the store insist on parking illegally in the fire lane rather than parking the damn car.  It is getting to the point where I hate shopping.

AustinRonMommy
by Nickhole on Mar. 30, 2013 at 10:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Pretty sure the crosswalk thing doesn't apply to parking lots, since there aren't any crosswalks there. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Not necessarily.  cars must yield to pedestrians that are in the crosswalk.

Quoting Anonymous:

Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 11:15 PM

One of the stupidest laws they ever made was "pedestrians have the right of way".  Too many people think that means they don't have to bother to stop and look anymore because cars are supposed to stop for them even if they're right there. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2013 at 11:17 PM
3 moms liked this

You don't get people who shop at Walmart? And yet you're one of them. 

MrsCountryMama
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 11:19 PM
This and I'm sick and tired of the teenagers walking down the middle of the road!

Quoting Diamepphyre:

One of the stupidest laws they ever made was "pedestrians have the right of way".  Too many people think that means they don't have to bother to stop and look anymore because cars are supposed to stop for them even if they're right there. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)