Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hubby and I are having an "argument" over the Easter Bunny........

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 11:05 PM
  • 66 Replies
He does not want our children who are 6,5 and 5 to believe in the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, Tooth Fairy, ect. I am on the other hand with this. I want the children to believe as long as they want. I am not sure on where we can meet on middle ground. We are not having a real argument or anything just a disagreement on this. What do you think?
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 11:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
javakitty2011
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 11:07 PM
1 mom liked this

i never presented any of them as real, just fun same as scoooby doo. As Christians, I made sure they understood what we believe as real. Not sure what to tell you when you are at opposite of your husband, 

that's a tough one

CafeMom Tickers
vetNmommy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 11:11 PM

Quoting javakitty2011:

i never presented any of them as real, just fun same as scoooby doo. As Christians, I made sure they understood what we believe as real. Not sure what to tell you when you are at opposite of your husband, 

that's a tough one

We have never been at a cross roads on this before so I am a little lost on how to reach a middle ground. lol
Derpy
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 11:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Well as a christian family,I tell them the story of Easter,But yes,They do believe in everything,Easter bunny,Santa,tooth fairy,fairies & Pixies.I`m letting their imaginations grow.

Aleta775
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 11:13 PM
4 moms liked this

He can get over it. LOL. Seriously, it is not like they will believe it FOREVER, just for a little while when they are little. 

Gabrielle1982
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 11:16 PM

Maybe don't say anything and if they ASK if they are real tell them it's a story we tell to make the holiday more fun?  I have no idea.  Sorry.

Jamie1972
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 11:16 PM
1 mom liked this

your oldest is 6 and youre now at a crossroads about this? tell dh theres no harm in letting kids believe in some magic when they are young.l

TexanMomOf6
by Gold Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 11:16 PM

I see you have a picture of yall at a Disney park. Why not approach it the same way you do with the Disney characters?

vegaswife2011
by Emerald Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 11:17 PM

Well the Easter Bunny is coming tonight, Santa was here, the tooth fairy come... I am with you all the way. I'm totally going overboard because I'm worried these could all be the last time my DD7 believes. 

vetNmommy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 11:18 PM

Quoting Aleta775:

He can get over it. LOL. Seriously, it is not like they will believe it FOREVER, just for a little while when they are little. 

That is what I told him. I think it boils down to how he was raised. His family never celebrated anything. However, heaven forbid you do not get his mother a Birthday present or Christmas present. Yes, I was a bitch this past Christmas. For one she got the boys each a shirt. One of which they had gotten already the year prior. Then dd got a complete outfit and doll. (the kids are 6,5, and 5) My Birthday is on Christmas, I did not even get a Happy Birthday or Merry Christmas. Her Birthday is the 12th of December. We did not go visit until the 23rd (that was to celebrate Christmas) When we handed her the Christmas present, (which was really nice) she asked whether it was her birthday or Christmas present. I was livid, this is the lady who only gets DD something for her Birthday does not even bother with the boys. (sorry still makes me mad)
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 30, 2013 at 11:18 PM
I think this is something that should have been discussed BEFORE having children together!

Why is this just becoming an issue now?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured