Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is this normal?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies

So I remember at Christmas, here on Cafemom, it was the thing to show off after Santa stopped at your house. Everyone posted pictures of how much they had under their tree. I however, was not one of them...we had an awesome Christmas, I just never felt the need to show off to random people on Cafemom, OR on Facebook.

Well, no big deal...fast forward to Easter, my BFF is posting pictures of her boys' Easter baskets on Facebook and she got them quite a bit of stuff (like a damn mini Christmas).

I was raised that doing stuff like that was just tacky, and view it as such. So my question is, is this normal? Does everyone take pictures of gifts and/or Easter baskets so everyone can see what your kid got? Am I the weird one?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 31, 2013 at 12:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Delila12
by Gold Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 12:42 AM
I don't/didn't. But it doesn't bother me when others do.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 31, 2013 at 12:44 AM

Maybe it's just my BFF doing it that's bothering me, lol.

She's kinda on my last damn nerve recently and I didn't really feel like seeing all the stupid crap her kids got. We're middle class just like she is, but she's such a show off that it just makes me roll my eyes.

Quoting Delila12:

Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 12:44 AM
2 moms liked this

I'm with you, OP.  I never posted pictures like that (and will not).

And I've never understood the huge amount of gifts (or really gifts at all other than an easter basket) for Easter.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 31, 2013 at 12:44 AM

I post. I think it's cute that mom's are so excited at what their kids are getting. I think MOST mothers just do it because they are sharing in their child's excitement. That's why I am at least. I cannot wait to see their faces and it makes me happy :)

Goofygadget
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 12:46 AM
I don't usually lol. I did post a few pics of his basket on here. I made his Easter basket so I kind of wanted to share it because of that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
outtamymynd
by Ruby Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 12:46 AM
I have a few friends who do that but it doesn't bother me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Delila12
by Gold Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 12:46 AM
Lol. Yeah, idk why. I meet a lot of those types too.

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe it's just my BFF doing it that's bothering me, lol.

She's kinda on my last damn nerve recently and I didn't really feel like seeing all the stupid crap her kids got. We're middle class just like she is, but she's such a show off that it just makes me roll my eyes.

Quoting Delila12:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 31, 2013 at 12:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh I know. I'm very excited. We pulled out their baskets just a few minutes ago and they're waiting on the coffee table for them!

I was always the kind of person that took pictures while they were opening up stuff up to get the happiness and excitement on camera :)

Quoting Anonymous:

I post. I think it's cute that mom's are so excited at what their kids are getting. I think MOST mothers just do it because they are sharing in their child's excitement. That's why I am at least. I cannot wait to see their faces and it makes me happy :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 31, 2013 at 12:49 AM
I'm on the fence. I don't mind people who just genuinely want to share. But it seems like the ones who share the most are the ones who tried to spend the most like it's some competition. I hate parents who spoil their kids and act as if easter is the same as Christmas. It shouldn't bother me, but it does.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 31, 2013 at 12:52 AM

No I'm with ya! 

I'm a sharer on Facebook, but I mostly do it because my family lives 6 hours away, and my MOM lives overseas so this is a way for them to see what's going on in my girls' lives. However, even I don't show off like my BFF does on there. Like I said, I think maybe its because its her that I'm annoyed with it? She definitely likes to brag about how much they have, and this just kinda tipped the scales for me so I'm kinda over her (and our friendship, lately).

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm on the fence. I don't mind people who just genuinely want to share. But it seems like the ones who share the most are the ones who tried to spend the most like it's some competition. I hate parents who spoil their kids and act as if easter is the same as Christmas. It shouldn't bother me, but it does.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)