Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So a kid with a dirty face at a park is sooo bizarre?

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 1:01 AM
  • 0 Replies
I took my daughter to this park called "adventure Playground" in Berkeley today. A lot of ppl there nice day etc. It's a playground basically based off of Peter Pan's "never land" with all sorts of forts etc made of wood and nails sticking out. It's based off those old playgrounds before all these lawsuits came out, making everything "safe". Kids can run in forts, build their own fort with a hammer, nail, and wood boards, paint forts, swing on ropes or tires, they even have a zip line for the 6 and up crowd. My daughter had the popsicle from the ice cream man who's always there that she was looking forward to, and then i tried to get the blue food coloring off but it wouldn't. Then she got dirt on her. I can't tell you how many ppl looked at HER, like she was this thing. She's 4 yrs old! I didn't want to interrupt her play to clean her face when the bathroom was far away and I figured I'd just clean her in the restroom after then give her a nice bath when we got home (which i did of course). Anyways there were these 2 men who were staring at me and then her, they had a female friend with a daughter who kept making jokes and comments like "poor little girl" she even said "so cute---I can tell she's had fun, look how dirty she is". One grandpa type said to her "you need a bath" light-heartedly. I understand the comments but stares are just ugh. Esp. when they look at my kid like she's a science project when she's 4 yrs old. She wasn't the only kid with dirt on her face there btw but def was somehow the dirtiest even though she did the same things they did. Is it really that strange to see a kid with dirt on their face at such a place?
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 1:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)