Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Lies we tell our kids.

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 2:19 AM
  • 16 Replies

Ok, the kids wanted to keep the dyed Eggs and hide them in the house. We don't eat hard boiled eggs, and the last thing I want is to lose a hard boiled egg in the house. I can see LO picking one up and hiding it somewhere too well. So I told them that we trade the Easter bunny colorful eggs in exchange for easter baskets. I hope one of ODS' friends doesn't rat me out when he tells them at school. Hahaha. DD totally bought it though.

What untraditional white lies do you tell your kids?

Exile Island. A fun place with colorful people. Join our fitness forum and participate in our fitness competition.

by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 2:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Mar. 31, 2013 at 2:20 AM
5 moms liked this

Yes, I'm listening...

Mommy doesn't know how to do that...ask Daddy...

Misery_Stitches
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 2:24 AM
I told my daughter when she was about 4 yrs old that the staff that work at the 24 hours a day dennys restaurant down the road work 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, all year round except for their birthday where they get an hour for sleeping.

She believed that all the way up until last year (she is 11 now... she has always been so gullible lol).

Proud to be from

Djinn83
by Gold Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 2:28 AM

Sounds like a good way to motivate her to do well in school. lol

Quoting Misery_Stitches:

I told my daughter when she was about 4 yrs old that the staff that work at the 24 hours a day dennys restaurant down the road work 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, all year round except for their birthday where they get an hour for sleeping.

She believed that all the way up until last year (she is 11 now... she has always been so gullible lol).

Exile Island. A fun place with colorful people. Join our fitness forum and participate in our fitness competition.

tinarob
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 2:34 AM
1 mom liked this
I just told my 4yr old that this random rabbit that comes around our neighborhood is in fact the Easter bunny and he was checking out our yard to make sure he could leave eggs on Sunday. She asked why he ran(hopped) away I said because he's not supposed to be seen. Hopefully tomorrow before her uncle hides the eggs I can remind her how the bunny can't be seen because he scares easily and he won't leave eggs to hunt. She smiled soooo big and I feel a bit guilty haha
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Djinn83
by Gold Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 2:41 AM

HAHAHA! I told my two oldest that the easter bunny doesn't like dirty houses. If they didn't clean up their mess, the easter bunny may not come.

Quoting tinarob:

I just told my 4yr old that this random rabbit that comes around our neighborhood is in fact the Easter bunny and he was checking out our yard to make sure he could leave eggs on Sunday. She asked why he ran(hopped) away I said because he's not supposed to be seen. Hopefully tomorrow before her uncle hides the eggs I can remind her how the bunny can't be seen because he scares easily and he won't leave eggs to hunt. She smiled soooo big and I feel a bit guilty haha

tinarob
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 2:44 AM
Dang it!!! I should've incorporated that into today's sprucing up why didn't I think of that!!! You are a genius

Quoting Djinn83:

HAHAHA! I told my two oldest that the easter bunny doesn't like dirty houses. If they didn't clean up their mess, the easter bunny may not come.

Quoting tinarob:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 31, 2013 at 2:44 AM

LOL...Why not make egg salad or potato salad with the eggs?

Djinn83
by Gold Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 2:46 AM

Because my kids wouldn't keep their grubby little hands off of them. they were rolling them on the ground, hiding them in the couch cushions ( I seriously need to take a vacuum to the couch, Gross!) and they are all cracked and disgusting.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Mar. 31, 2013 at 2:49 AM

It's every simple.....write down each location that the eggs were hidden at OR you can always use the plastisc eggs instead if the real eggs

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 31, 2013 at 2:49 AM

Oh! Hahaha...yea, probably not the best eggs to use. My daughters asked if we could dye eggs tonight and I told them "No, the Easter Bunny already hid all of them!" LOL...I just ran out of time and didn't feel like doing it this year.

Quoting Djinn83:

Because my kids wouldn't keep their grubby little hands off of them. they were rolling them on the ground, hiding them in the couch cushions ( I seriously need to take a vacuum to the couch, Gross!) and they are all cracked and disgusting.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)