Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My 11 yr old stole from me?? Pissed and shocked....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 140 Replies

So today we have plans to take 3 yr old ds to the movies (croods) his very first movie, we have had him on computer looking at the trailers and games, etc. so he is so excited.. and then I go to check my purse for cash and see my atm card is gone.  I just picked ds 11 up at airport and am thinking crap I lost it there.... check my bank account and 400.00 cash was taken out (just then) then I refresh it and see 220 was put back in.  So freaking out and then CLICK CLICK brain Im like okay where did ds go?? Little shit went to the atm took out money, then put some back in, so I call him and tell him Im calling the cops someone stole my atm card and took money out.. and he said it was me, but I put it back in.  I WAS LIKE SERIOUSLY what about the other 180.00. I'm almost home, I'll bring it to you.. I hung up on him, I didnt know what to say or how to react.  He gets home with most of it but before I called him he went and bought a card for his i-phone.  WTF ???

Seriously I am so shocked, I couldnt call his actual dad b/c he has been such a F***head lately about everything saying anything that happens grades, bad attitude, etc is my fault, and my actual ds (so his step dad) would love for my son to have done something wrong, b/c my ss is such a frickin mess. So I had no one to talk to about it.

My ss same age has RAD so its like living with a psychotic, crazy, 2-faced, person 24/7 but ofcourse he is only a child still.  So there are constant problems (he is with mil right now to give us a break) but for the one kid who is never in trouble and never a problem to do something so horrible, I dont know what to do or how to take care of it.  Im horrified, I ofcourse told him he was grounded and would be cleaning, chores etc for the next 2 weeks until I tell him he's paid the debt back. And we talked and talked about it, but I'm still at a loss..

I dont know if it has anything to do with my ex telling (just this week while he was there) him all the child support should go directly to my ds because its for him, and he would take out $50 and send it directly to him monthly.  Meaning Im being shorted $50. b/c he thinks he can do whatever he wants. I just dont know at all.... is he wanting attention b/c the other one is always causing problems and issues??

****For people who dont get it - It is a simple process, you can hit deposit on the atm or you can hit withdrawal, and he has known my pin forever. Its 2 blocks from our home, it was simple, he went there, did it, came home.  I need real advice and help from mom's who actually want to help, not a bunch of idiots who think its some kind of joke that yesterday my kid was acting like a criminal!!!

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 31, 2013 at 4:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Mar. 31, 2013 at 4:42 AM
1 mom liked this

I feel bad for your children...

Random question...what is pisted?

Lalalie
by Gold Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 4:44 AM

Whoa.

He didn't sound very remorseful if he just admitted to it, and was all chill about it...

That is a lot of money too. Did you talk to him more about what his dad said about CS? That isn't how it works, and he can't do that. That money isn't meant to be spent on frivolous things like iphone cards.

Lalalie
by Gold Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 4:45 AM

Obviously she meant pissed.

Quoting LucyMom08:

Blue_Spiral
by Gold Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 4:47 AM

These women are going to say it IS your fault.

And...well...it sounds like it probably is lol, but that's not to say that it is ONLY your fault...

so....... good luck lol.

My cousin stole 900 from his parents when he was 16, but they never had a good relationship with him....

Maybe he feels unloved? I wouldn't have even thought to do such a thing at 11 OR 17...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 31, 2013 at 4:49 AM
1 mom liked this
and why is that? You're ALWAYS hateful. Every time I see you respond, its mean.

Quoting LucyMom08:

leota29
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 4:49 AM
4 moms liked this
How does an 11 yo steal your debit card, leave the house and go to the ATM and take $400 out and then be able to just put $220 back in just like that? How does your CHILD know your pin number or even how to do all that? Seems strange to me. My kids are still babies so idk are kids just that advanced these days? And seriously he's 11? Wow!! I am so not ready for my babies to grow up.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Iron_Beauty
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 4:52 AM

I call troll. I didn't know my moms pin number at 11, and I still dont know it at 22 years old.

I also never would have had the balls to pull that much money out of her bank account even if i DID know it.

leota29
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 4:55 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm still trying to figure out how he put $220 back..... if kids are that advanced to know how to do all that what's it going to be like in 9 years when my oldest is 11!!! Holy cow!! That's scary!! Seriously!!!

Quoting Iron_Beauty:

I call troll. I didn't know my moms pin number at 11, and I still dont know it at 22 years old.

I also never would have had the balls to pull that much money out of her bank account even if i DID know it.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 31, 2013 at 4:55 AM
2 moms liked this

And she just happened to look on the computer at the EXACT moment it was taken and put back?

Good try, OP.

Quoting leota29:

How does an 11 yo steal your debit card, leave the house and go to the ATM and take $400 out and then be able to just put $220 back in just like that? How does your CHILD know your pin number or even how to do all that? Seems strange to me. My kids are still babies so idk are kids just that advanced these days? And seriously he's 11? Wow!! I am so not ready for my babies to grow up.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 31, 2013 at 4:56 AM
Wow I would have busted his ass too be honest. Most kids don't care about being grounded. As soon as my mom left for work we was gone (my brother and I would get in trouble for the same things) sometimes we wouldn't even wait for her too leave. She never took our games or anything b/c it was only small things breaking curfew etc well that and she didn't know how to unplug them lol. Good luck mommas. Try talking too him and see why he took the card?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN