Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My 11 yr old stole from me?? Pissed and shocked....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

So today we have plans to take 3 yr old ds to the movies (croods) his very first movie, we have had him on computer looking at the trailers and games, etc. so he is so excited.. and then I go to check my purse for cash and see my atm card is gone.  I just picked ds 11 up at airport and am thinking crap I lost it there.... check my bank account and 400.00 cash was taken out (just then) then I refresh it and see 220 was put back in.  So freaking out and then CLICK CLICK brain Im like okay where did ds go?? Little shit went to the atm took out money, then put some back in, so I call him and tell him Im calling the cops someone stole my atm card and took money out.. and he said it was me, but I put it back in.  I WAS LIKE SERIOUSLY what about the other 180.00. I'm almost home, I'll bring it to you.. I hung up on him, I didnt know what to say or how to react.  He gets home with most of it but before I called him he went and bought a card for his i-phone.  WTF ???

Seriously I am so shocked, I couldnt call his actual dad b/c he has been such a F***head lately about everything saying anything that happens grades, bad attitude, etc is my fault, and my actual ds (so his step dad) would love for my son to have done something wrong, b/c my ss is such a frickin mess. So I had no one to talk to about it.

My ss same age has RAD so its like living with a psychotic, crazy, 2-faced, person 24/7 but ofcourse he is only a child still.  So there are constant problems (he is with mil right now to give us a break) but for the one kid who is never in trouble and never a problem to do something so horrible, I dont know what to do or how to take care of it.  Im horrified, I ofcourse told him he was grounded and would be cleaning, chores etc for the next 2 weeks until I tell him he's paid the debt back. And we talked and talked about it, but I'm still at a loss..

I dont know if it has anything to do with my ex telling (just this week while he was there) him all the child support should go directly to my ds because its for him, and he would take out $50 and send it directly to him monthly.  Meaning Im being shorted $50. b/c he thinks he can do whatever he wants. I just dont know at all.... is he wanting attention b/c the other one is always causing problems and issues??

****For people who dont get it - It is a simple process, you can hit deposit on the atm or you can hit withdrawal, and he has known my pin forever. Its 2 blocks from our home, it was simple, he went there, did it, came home.  I need real advice and help from mom's who actually want to help, not a bunch of idiots who think its some kind of joke that yesterday my kid was acting like a criminal!!!

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 31, 2013 at 4:40 AM
Replies (121-130):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 28 on Mar. 31, 2013 at 12:12 PM
3 moms liked this

Ooohh wee that calls for an ol' fashioned ass whoopin'. Here ya go! Give it back when your done :))))) jk

kansasmom1978
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 12:14 PM

This is why my kids do not know our PIN and never will. I am more worried about my SS who is 17 would do that crap. And I would call the cops.

laranadtony
by Ruby Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 12:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Stacey has had my PIN since he was about 8 years old.  He has never misused it and would not misuse it.

He has his dad's mastercard right now and would not use it unless he asked. Op's kid probably has access to her purse too. Does that mean it is ok to steal?

idunno1234
by Gold Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 12:19 PM

Are you kidding me???

You think its okay for an 11 year old (or for that matter a 17 year old) to get a portion of their child support so they can spend it however they want but the adult parent, the one who is responsible for the bills and keeping their child fed, sheltered and clothed shouldn't get it because you assume its going for personal shit????

What the fuck world do you live in???

Quoting StarburstKisses:

First of all, that sucks and I'm sorry.

About the child support, I HATE it when women are like, "Ohhhh i'm getting shorted because ____ wants the money to go to the child" Well.....THAT IS WHAT IT IS FOR! Not so you can go buy whatever you want. Seriously! Even though you didn't say the last part, most women cry because they just lost spending money for thier shit. It's annoying as fuck! That money is for the child. not for paying your personal bills, your cell phone, etc. seriously!

laranadtony
by Ruby Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 12:23 PM

Quoting idunno1234:

Are you kidding me???

You think its okay for an 11 year old (or for that matter a 17 year old) to get a portion of their child support so they can spend it however they want but the adult parent, the one who is responsible for the bills and keeping their child fed, sheltered and clothed shouldn't get it because you assume its going for personal shit????

What the fuck world do you live in???

Quoting StarburstKisses:

First of all, that sucks and I'm sorry.

About the child support, I HATE it when women are like, "Ohhhh i'm getting shorted because ____ wants the money to go to the child" Well.....THAT IS WHAT IT IS FOR! Not so you can go buy whatever you want. Seriously! Even though you didn't say the last part, most women cry because they just lost spending money for thier shit. It's annoying as fuck! That money is for the child. not for paying your personal bills, your cell phone, etc. seriously!

LMAO! Starburst is delusional.  

OP, tell your ex to take you to court and tell the judge your kid gets none of the money. I can tell you the exact conversation.

Does he have a roof over his head? Yes

Does he have food? Yes

Does he have clothing and does he have medical care? Yes and yes.

Then what's the problem? Get the hell out of my courtroom.(I doubt a judge would say hell)

Don't sweat the petty things;Don't pet the sweaty things!

katemckenzie
by Kate on Mar. 31, 2013 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Spoiled brats. There's no reason a kid needs more than a simple Tracfone for emergencies until they're old enough to get a job and help pay for it themselves.

Quoting leota29:

That's normal where I live. I see kids way younger then that with them.

Quoting katemckenzie:

Why does an 11 year old have an iPhone?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 29 on Mar. 31, 2013 at 12:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I have been a juvenile volunteer parole officer for our county.I only had lower level offenses which included theft of certain amounts and shoplifting.Here is whatthe norm would be and you can do this at home.There are two areas ,he needs to chat with a therapist /counselor because obviously for him to start doing this suddenly there is some issues for him...nip them now ! But as he works through these there are also consequences ...he knows right from wrong so value  his chore time at 7.50 an hour...you decide if it is for 400 or 180. Personally I recomend 20 to 25 hours total spread out over 4 or 5 weeks.Five hours a week gets an 11 year olds attention but doesn't go overboard.He has to work it off ,grades have to be maintained and all homework ,practice ,rehersals etc attended.Plus he needs to do a paper at his age around 500 words.Researched as to what stealing does to the economy etc.Now give him a reasonable amount of time to do this all.Set guidelines to the chores ...expect so many hours a week ,his paper needs to be spelled correctly and use proper grammer.Help him set a timeline for the paper plus lavish praise for his chores ,paper and meeting goals.If you want at the end of the time if everything is done on time and properly a small positive re enforcement isn't a bad idea.Take him to his choice of movie or his pick for ff.Small but acknowledging he made a mistake but turned himself around.

I can almost predict which kids will do well and which won't...parent involvement ,re enforcement of both consequences and positive re-enforcement.

Good luck

MariannLws
by Gold Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 12:38 PM

Cancel your ATM card now and get another card with a completely different pin number.  Never share your pin info with anyone but your husband. Your children have no business knowing this. 

He is 11. This kind of behavior is not acceptable. I am all for corporal punshiment. I realize not many parents are comfortable with this kind of discipline. What ever you decide needs to be done quickly. 

As for child support. I didn't start letting my son have his child support until he was 15. Then I deposited the full amount directly into his account. When he was younger I did take a portion every month for something fun. 

Best of luck to you mom. Keep us updated. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Mar. 31, 2013 at 1:28 PM
Oh stfu.

Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, she should abuse her child. And that will accomplish exactly what?

Quoting Anonymous:

OP-- WHOOP HIS FUCKING ASS! That shit is UNACCEPTABLE! He's not too old to get an ass whooping. ESP WHEN HE'S BEING A DELINQUENT!

Quoting Anonymous:

So today we have plans to take 3 yr old ds to the movies (croods) his very first movie, we have had him on computer looking at the trailers and games, etc. so he is so excited.. and then I go to check my purse for cash and see my atm card is gone.  I just picked ds 11 up at airport and am thinking crap I lost it there.... check my bank account and 400.00 cash was taken out (just then) then I refresh it and see 220 was put back in.  So freaking out and then CLICK CLICK brain Im like okay where did ds go?? Little shit went to the atm took out money, then put some back in, so I call him and tell him Im calling the cops someone stole my atm card and took money out.. and he said it was me, but I put it back in.  I WAS LIKE SERIOUSLY what about the other 180.00. I'm almost home, I'll bring it to you.. I hung up on him, I didnt know what to say or how to react.  He gets home with most of it but before I called him he went and bought a card for his i-phone.  WTF ???

Seriously I am so shocked, I couldnt call his actual dad b/c he has been such a F***head lately about everything saying anything that happens grades, bad attitude, etc is my fault, and my actual ds (so his step dad) would love for my son to have done something wrong, b/c my ss is such a frickin mess. So I had no one to talk to about it.

My ss same age has RAD so its like living with a psychotic, crazy, 2-faced, person 24/7 but ofcourse he is only a child still.  So there are constant problems (he is with mil right now to give us a break) but for the one kid who is never in trouble and never a problem to do something so horrible, I dont know what to do or how to take care of it.  Im horrified, I ofcourse told him he was grounded and would be cleaning, chores etc for the next 2 weeks until I tell him he's paid the debt back. And we talked and talked about it, but I'm still at a loss..

I dont know if it has anything to do with my ex telling (just this week while he was there) him all the child support should go directly to my ds because its for him, and he would take out $50 and send it directly to him monthly.  Meaning Im being shorted $50. b/c he thinks he can do whatever he wants. I just dont know at all.... is he wanting attention b/c the other one is always causing problems and issues??

****For people who dont get it - It is a simple process, you can hit deposit on the atm or you can hit withdrawal, and he has known my pin forever. Its 2 blocks from our home, it was simple, he went there, did it, came home.  I need real advice and help from mom's who actually want to help, not a bunch of idiots who think its some kind of joke that yesterday my kid was acting like a criminal!!!

katarina666
by Gold Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 1:51 PM

Change your pin number Imediately!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)