Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

She Says I Am Being Paranoid...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies

Last night at work this guy caused us to not be able to close the store till 10 after closing time.

He came up right before we closed trying to buy some video games. Well he kept wanting to return the ones he JUST bought and trade them for ones he suddenly decided he liked better.

So it's like 5 after closing time and every customer is gone but him..My manager for some reason didn't lock the doors and this other guy just comes bursting in.

I told him we were closed and he said he just needed to buy some baby tights and nail polish remover. We didn't have any baby tights at the moment so I directed him to the nail polish remover. I could see him from where I stood so all he did was go get it and come back to the register.

When he came up he greeted the video game buying guy by name so they obviously knew each other. I finally got them both out by about 15 after.

Is is just me or does that seem like some robbery type setup shit? Like 1 guy distracting the workers while other dude shoplifts or they team up to rob us. It was just us 3 women there too.

They didn't rob us or try to steal from us but it still makes me nervous when people do stuff like that.

My coworker said I was being paranoid when I mentioned to her what I thought about them robbing us.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MommyAddie
by Gold Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:16 AM
Nope. You were totally right. That's the layout or a scam.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
_OcToBeRbAbY_
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:17 AM
I would have been thinking the same thing, you weren't being paranoid...you were being cautious.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Two_Hearts
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:17 AM

When you work in a convenient store , you always have to go with your gut and make sure you are prepared for the worst.

I don't think you were being paranoid , i think you were being smart.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)