Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anyone Else NOT Do An Easter Basket?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies

DS will be 4 on April 18th and I didn't get him a basket.

I guess I don't really see the point. His birthday is coming up and he is getting lots of presents for that.

He certainly does not need a basket full of candy either.

I didn't really see what I could put in it TBH. He has tons of of summer stuff like sidewalk chalk and bubbles already, plus it's not warm enough to play with those things outside right now anyways.

He is still too young to understand anyways so maybe next year.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Too young? My 2 yo had a blast collecting eggs that led him to his Easter Basket. It's just a once a year thing the kids love.
SunshneDaydream
by Platinum Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:29 AM

We never do baskets.  If it were up to me we wouldnt' do shit for Easter cause I really don't care about it, but my daughter wants to celebrate EVER holiday to the fullest extend of celebratory bliss, so we let her have an egg hunt.  She doesn't believe in the Easter bunny though, thank god, so I don't have to get stuff ready the night before.  I'm about to hide 2 dozen plastic eggs full of candy and a big stuffed bunny.  Soooo not looking forward to it...

rockgal81
by Steph on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:29 AM
4 years old is too young? My dd was super excited for easter when she was 4! Thats a shame he won't have a basket :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:30 AM
I usually do a basket for my DD but we travelled this Easter weekend to visit relatives and she received baskets from both grandparents as well as from her Godparents. Chocolate overload! I had bought some stuff for her but when everyone told me they had gotten her stuff, I left my stuff at home. I'll either give her the candy at a later date or just bring into work and give it to my coworkers just to be rid of it.
kirita323
by Gold Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:31 AM

I was just thinking about posting this! lol. My 2 yr old daughter's bday is next week so we didn't do a basket either. She won't know. I plan on shopping the after Easter sales to get some stuff for her party. It's carrot themed. I made a carrot piƱata and some carrot paper cones (not sure how crafty you are, but for me that's pretty damn good lol). I'll do Easter when she's older though so she doesn't get jipped like my dad always complained about since his bday was so close to Christmas.

StrangeDays
by Gold Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:31 AM
My husband and I don't do them for the kids, either. My in-laws and my parents do, though. We take them to visit them so they can see what Mr. Bunny left for them at Gramama's and Nana's.. I just don't think they each need THREE baskets, lol. Two is enough.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:32 AM
We didn't do baskets this year. I feel kind of ashamed as a mother not getting them anything but we just don't have the money right now.
Aslen
by Ruby Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:32 AM
Lazy much?
You think your 4 year old is too young to understand?? You're delusional!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:33 AM

I agree with anyomous..my dd is three and had a blast searching for eggs, the candy she got a couple things not a whole bunch I gave her tummy time juices and Annie's gummies. Her outside toy more bubbles because we always need bubbles in this house and a blow up wheel to roll her around its deflats so it's sper easy to store. It's just supposed to be fun. You 4 year old will know when other kids start talking about the Easter bunny and today. I don't get why people up till the age of 5 or 6 asume their kids don't know the difference when there's a holiday going on. I get during the first year and half  of life not knowing but after that they are pretty aware of things going on around them.

jbirdsladie27
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:33 AM
We didn't but he's 16, I feel sad for your child.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)