Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Help please

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:48 AM
  • 5 Replies

Mobile Photo

How do I get my 14 month old to sleep in his bed?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
TexanMomOf6
by Gold Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:52 AM

Get rid of the scary-looking blanket? lol

Seriously though, maybe he's not ready?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:59 AM

We have a gate at the bedroom door. I thought it was going to be a challenge for us and but it actually was no trouble. My son is 2 so that may be the difference. When it is nap time or bedtime I say the same thing every time. I just say "it is time" and he knows we are going to bed. I let him grab a few books and take him up to his room. I never lay him down but rather sit him on his bed. I tell him I will see him when he wakes up and that I love him and walk out. He does call me from the gate about 4 times and asks for a drink or a snack and I just calmly say when you wake up. He then goes and reads or plays with his toys. He usually crawls in bed and falls asleep reading.

Threeboysemt1
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:00 AM
Lol u mean angry bird...yeah he may not be, I guess I was more excited then him.

Quoting TexanMomOf6:

Threeboysemt1
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:02 AM
Thank you! Yes he may be too young but good tips

Quoting Anonymous:

We have a gate at the bedroom door. I thought it was going to be a challenge for us and but it actually was no trouble. My son is 2 so that may be the difference. When it is nap time or bedtime I say the same thing every time. I just say "it is time" and he knows we are going to bed. I let him grab a few books and take him up to his room. I never lay him down but rather sit him on his bed. I tell him I will see him when he wakes up and that I love him and walk out. He does call me from the gate about 4 times and asks for a drink or a snack and I just calmly say when you wake up. He then goes and reads or plays with his toys. He usually crawls in bed and falls asleep reading.

TexanMomOf6
by Gold Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:23 AM

Don't rush him to grow up. There's plenty of time for that. I wish mine were still little.   *sigh*

Quoting Threeboysemt1:

Lol u mean angry bird...yeah he may not be, I guess I was more excited then him.

Quoting TexanMomOf6:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)