Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

you spent how much!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 57 Replies
My dh thinks I'm being cheap, but I was shocked when I got my hair cut about two months ago and it was sixty dollars. And it was 45 yesterday for a trim. I know I am more frugal then him but it was just a shock. Especially because I need it trimmed every month if I don't want it to get all messy and poofy. It is a pixie cut and my hair grows very fast.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mariesmama
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:44 AM

mine cost 7$ at the beauty school down the street i havent ever gotten a bad cut from the students

lauren.m
by Platinum Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:45 AM
That's a normal price for a good salon. I don't like spending money like that on my hair. I'm lucky my mil is a master hairdresser with a teacher license so I get great hair cuts for free.
URHonor
by Rotten.Girl on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:46 AM

That's what I spend!

Not_A_Native
by Platinum Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:46 AM

I spend $75 getting it cut, get it done every 8 weeks.  But my hair doesn't grow all that fast.

Birdseed
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:47 AM

That seems reasonable to me for a good stylist.  

ilovemykids323
by Platinum Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:47 AM

ugh no thank you... $20 is what i spend on a hair cut. now i want to get it highlighted this summer so that will be interesting. last time i did that it was like $80 maybe and that was a long time ago lol

SweetPea2004
by Platinum Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:47 AM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't pay $45 to trim a pixi cut

Pnukey
by Jenn on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:47 AM
1 mom liked this

That's another reason why I just let my hair grow. I'm way too cheap to pay $60 for a hair cut, and certainly too cheap to pay $45 every month to keep the style. I just go to Great Clips and pay $14 every 18 months or so.

KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:48 AM
That's what I spend but not that often. I have long hair. I trim every 4 months.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Melissa_4
by Ruby Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:48 AM

Sounds like you need to either find a new haircutting place, or let your hair grow long so you don't have to get it cut more than 4 times a year.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured