Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you are pro-life or pro gun... *edit*

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:34 AM
  • 75 Replies

Are you pro-life and pro-gun or just one or the other??  I ask cuz I see this bumper sticker all the time that says "I am pro-life, pro-gun, and (two others I can't think of right now)".  I just don't understand it.  Don't they counteract each other??  Really trying to understand it.

I was not trying to say that guns kill people or unborn children.  I have seen on here (though at least over a year ago cuz I just came back to CM a couple weeks ago) and heard people irl who are pro-life state that they are anti-gun, anti-death penalty, etc. cuz they take a life.  I have also heard some pro-life say they are all for the guns, the death penalty, etc.  That is why I'm asking, cuz I have never been able to understand it and no one I've spoken to has explained.  Thank you for teaching me something new.

by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:40 AM
1 mom liked this

I am pro-gun and pro-choice.

CafeMom Tickers
ElitestJen
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:40 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm both.  And no, they don't contradict. 

At least, no more so than being "pro-choice" and "anti-trans fats".

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:41 AM
They don't contradict each other at all... Guns aren't even the primary weapon used in murders..
AnHpuresugar
by Ruby Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:42 AM
1 mom liked this

I am pro-choice and for gun control.  I am also against capital punishment.  So I am for life all around, I guess.    *cue the abortion fanatics and screams about murder of a non-viable fetus*

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Most people consider pro life to be a movement about a women's uterus. Pro gun is pro defending your self and your family. Two separate issues.  they see the fetus as an innocent being. Killing an adult who has made the wrong choices in life is different for them.

I used to be pro life LOL

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:44 AM
Pro choice, pro gun, against capital punishment.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this

How do they counteract each other?

Guns don't kill unborn babies.

amiesmomma
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:44 AM
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-8#disablemobile

Yes they are.

Quoting Anonymous:

They don't contradict each other at all... Guns aren't even the primary weapon used in murders..

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:46 AM
1 mom liked this

its because being prolife isnt about caring for living people.

vkp23
by Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:47 AM
I'm both and no they don't conflict. Being pro-gun doesn't mean you want to go around just killing people for what ever reason you see fit like abortion is. I mean target shooting is fun. It really is fun to shoot at stuff. (Stuff not people. W are talking targets like jus of water and soda cans and mybe a 2 lt of soda shaken up. That would look awesome) And we stand for defending yourself. Rarely does a responsable gun own ever have to actually shoot. Pro-gun people don't want to kill people. They hope to never have to draw their weapon. But they don't want others killing their loved ones or other innocents either and a gun provide you a level playing feild and some time an advantage.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN