Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

All 24 are going in the garbage!!!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
We dyed 24 eggs last night and we're not gonna eat a single one. Does evil laugh.

My bad changed it.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 31, 2013 at 3:46 PM
Replies (21-30):
3boysmommaNY
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 3:53 PM

Its still cold here, so we use them :) We normally eat eggs from our chickens, so they do taste a big weird, but oh well. 

LiesLiesLies
by Platinum Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 3:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm lazy.

We didn't make eggs. I bought plastic ones.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 31, 2013 at 3:54 PM
Quoting norahsmommy:

Do you have a dog or cat? Give them a couple a day as a treat. Don't trash them, it's wasteful.

Nope no animals.
steffielou_who
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 3:54 PM
We dyed 3 dozen and have eaten so many! Gonna make some tuna when we get home from the doctor...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 31, 2013 at 3:54 PM
My kids are allergic to dye so we don't eat them either.
Misheldonann
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 3:55 PM
I'm an idiot. I dyed a bunch. It was my first year to go this route. We usually do the plastics eggs full of candy.

We had our Easter egg hunt and brought them in to start tearing into them so we could make deviled eggs. I was soooo egg sited!

Dh cracked his open and said, "honey, the yolk is grey...does that look right?" And then it clicked. I was probably supposed to refrigerate them. D'oh!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrsWhite101610
by Gold Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 3:56 PM
We dyed eggs then turned them into deviled eggs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Mar. 31, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't like boiled eggs I think they're really nasty. It is a waste but my girls had a lot of fun.

i do the same , I hate them and so do the kids but they begged to dye them . They broke most while dying them anyways lol

Greenstone920
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 3:59 PM

Just sounds like they were overcooked.  They should be refrigerated, but that won't turn the yolk grey.  Overcooking them will cause the outside of the yolk to be grey, but it will still be yellow inside.

Quoting Misheldonann:

I'm an idiot. I dyed a bunch. It was my first year to go this route. We usually do the plastics eggs full of candy.

We had our Easter egg hunt and brought them in to start tearing into them so we could make deviled eggs. I was soooo egg sited!

Dh cracked his open and said, "honey, the yolk is grey...does that look right?" And then it clicked. I was probably supposed to refrigerate them. D'oh!

finnbar
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 3:59 PM

why post anon? we tried to dye 24 but several cracked during the cooking LOL

we had a lot of fun dying with our two year old. I asked him to put on of the dye pills in the first vinegar cup and he picked one up and stuffed it in his mouth!  hahaha

today we hid all the eggs around the yard, twice. He loved finding them and collecting them in a pail. We put one in our chicken's nest boxes each time. Some got cracked during this process and have been chunked. The others are still decorating the table but yeah, we are not eating ours either!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)