Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

All 24 are going in the garbage!!!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
We dyed 24 eggs last night and we're not gonna eat a single one. Does evil laugh.

My bad changed it.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 31, 2013 at 3:46 PM
Replies (31-37):
bcoll
by Brandi on Mar. 31, 2013 at 3:59 PM
We dyed 7 dozen, 4 dozen are already eaten. Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 31, 2013 at 4:00 PM
We still left them sitting on the counter all night. :)

Quoting Greenstone920:

Just sounds like they were overcooked.  They should be refrigerated, but that won't turn the yolk grey.  Overcooking them will cause the outside of the yolk to be grey, but it will still be yellow inside.

Quoting Misheldonann:

I'm an idiot. I dyed a bunch. It was my first year to go this route. We usually do the plastics eggs full of candy.

We had our Easter egg hunt and brought them in to start tearing into them so we could make deviled eggs. I was soooo egg sited!

Dh cracked his open and said, "honey, the yolk is grey...does that look right?" And then it clicked. I was probably supposed to refrigerate them. D'oh!

12345abcde54321
by Platinum Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 4:00 PM

i planned to eat ours. then realized that having them sit out on the table in a basket for 2 days killed that plan.. oops. we usually keep them in the fridge and eat them!

MaNdYbEaR2010
by *Manda* on Mar. 31, 2013 at 4:03 PM
I tried the oven method this time.. Wound up throwing out over 40 eggs. :( the oven method sucks ass. I even tested a couple of them before taking the rest out. Next time, boiling water is the way to go!
t1gger143
by Gold Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 4:10 PM
I hate eggs. Dh is in charge of eating all 6
rosie211
by Gold Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 4:21 PM

Guess I didn't really think about that. We color them and put them back in the fridge until we hide them. Mine find them all so fast, that has never been an issue. I guess it all depends on how you handle them.

Quoting TexanMomOf6:

We don't eat them either. They stay at room temperature waaaayyy too long. A couple dollars worth of eggs is not worth a day of food poisoning!

SparklePants
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 4:25 PM

Quoting Misheldonann:

I'm an idiot. I dyed a bunch. It was my first year to go this route. We usually do the plastics eggs full of candy.

We had our Easter egg hunt and brought them in to start tearing into them so we could make deviled eggs. I was soooo egg sited!

Dh cracked his open and said, "honey, the yolk is grey...does that look right?" And then it clicked. I was probably supposed to refrigerate them. D'oh!

Lol, they will be fine, you just overcooked them. In a lot of countries you buy and store eggs at room temp.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)