Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

dating after 8 years married, question.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

I'm back on the dating roller coaster, ugh! and excited at the same time. I met a nice guy, but he makes me feel a bit uncomfortable. He's always calling me beautiful, sexy, and telling me he loves my curves. It's just a bit to much. I feel like he being fake.

Any thoughts, and yes I have trust issues. It takes time for me to trust a man since my divorce.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:23 PM

Mommy2b2many
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:27 PM

I'm sure you are beautiful. But I totally understand.. When I met my husband I was really insecure. I felt like he was being fake and lying to get me in bed. But after some time I understood that he really did love me and found me gorgeous. Good luck! and just take your time; no one is expecting you to jump right back in the saddle. Take time; get comfortable; and enjoy yourself! :)

MsCherry10
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:32 PM

Sounds fake to me too

SageAdvice
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:34 PM

Tell him how you feel. How he reacts should help you decide if you should cut and run, or if maybe you should give him a chance.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:35 PM
You sound like your not used to being complimented and acknowledged.

If it makes you uncomfortable just be straight with him, there is no need to be shy about your feelings with your new man.

Quoting MsCherry10:

Sounds fake to me too

mommysangelface
by Emerald Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:36 PM

tell him it makes you uncomfortable

sounds like he is trying to hard

Have you been sexually assualted? Been in a controlling relationship? Have you ever felt no one knows how you feel?  Well i do. Click on my siggy and join my support group! Hope to see you there!

amberbamber0213
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:36 PM

if he is giving you a feeling go with it. 

kevinzwifey
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:36 PM

Ive been with My DH for 6years and everyday every 5minutes it feels like, he constantly tells me Im Beautiful, Sexy, Always saying what parts he like about me, So I know hes not just doing it to get me into bed, Maybe this guy is like my DH, He is just amazed by your beauty.. Its a great thing, Just take it in and enjoy... Good luck mama... 

MsCherry10
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Telling someone how you feel and showing them are two different things. And I'd prefer more showing and emotional attention then a consistent compliment towards my "Exterior".

Quoting Anonymous:

If it makes you uncomfortable just be straight with him, there is no need to be shy about your feelings with your new man.

Quoting MsCherry10:

Sounds fake to me too

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:06 PM
Then tell him those exact words

Quoting MsCherry10:

Telling someone how you feel and showing them are two different things. And I'd prefer more showing and emotional attention then a consistent compliment towards my "Exterior".

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MsCherry10:

Sounds fake to me too

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN