Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Question about abortion. What if?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 58 Replies

Poll

Question: If you were in a position where you decided you wanted an abortion, but you had to meet the person you were aborting - would you still abort them?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 69

View Results

What if you had to meet the person you were aborting? Hypothetically, what if before you made your decision you had to see what the persons life would be like? Like how scrooge had to see his life in all the different scenarios and how it affected the other people around him. What if that's what happened when people chose to have abortions? Do you think people would still choose to abort or do you think it would change their minds to watch another persons life happen?

Im not bashing or trying to start a debate lol I just had this wild thought while watching a movie tonight is all.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rebecca.n
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:46 PM

I voted no, because I'll never choose an abortion for a baby that could grow to be viable.

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:46 PM

I don't know, it would depend on what they became and how life differed with them in and out of existance.

Brittanyk3
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:48 PM
1 mom liked this
i would never choose abortion anyway. i think it would change some peoples minds if they had to see the childs life play out...others i think would still go through with it though.
SRUsarahSC
by Platinum Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:49 PM

no just because I would never have an abortion.....interesting question though. I'm waiting for someone to say but what if they see the child becomes a serial killer or something.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:49 PM

yeah that would be crazy!

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

no just because I would never have an abortion.....interesting question though. I'm waiting for someone to say but what if they see the child becomes a serial killer or something.

Texascandee
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:50 PM

I would never choose abortion but I think to some women, even if they had to see the child's life play out, they would still do it

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:50 PM

yeah, what if they had a sort of rough chldhood, but then a really aweome adulthood?

Quoting bustybee:

I don't know, it would depend on what they became and how life differed with them in and out of existance.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:52 PM
Oh FFS! It's hypothetical Ms.HighHorse.

Quoting rebecca.n:

I voted no, because I'll never choose an abortion for a baby that could grow to be viable.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:55 PM
probably not
Mommy2b2many
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:56 PM

I wouldn't choose abortion anyways. But That would definately make me think twice if I was in that position... I'm not sure about other people though. The mandated ultrasounds didn't change many minds did it? I would think that if you are in that position willingly; they're going to most likely go through with it; regardless.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)