Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The hardest years of marriage

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:48 PM
  • 222 Replies
What years are the hardest in marriage? I have heard people say the first year is the hardest. Then there is always the "seven year itch". Yesterday was my 11 year anniversary and my girlfriend said "just watch out for year 13!" Her marriage ended on year 13. She also said that she knows a lot of people that it ended at 13. What have you guys heard? What are your experiences?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momto3infl
by Gold Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:49 PM
4 moms liked this

I have heard all these-we had a small rough patch in year 2.  But we just celebrated 17yrs married and together 19yrs this past Jan.

HPfanatic
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:50 PM
2 moms liked this
Bump - I would also like to hear this, I've been married for less than a year :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:51 PM
6 moms liked this
I don't find marriage "hard"... *shrug*
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:05 PM
I have heard year 7 and 13 are hard. I have been married 9 years and we have had our share of problems that started around year 5. I'm planning on still being around to test the 13 year theory.
Miller0305
by Platinum Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:06 PM
1 mom liked this

We're going on year 12 and none were hard.  I don't anticipate that changing, we are still very much in love and happy.

SageAdvice
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:07 PM
19 moms liked this

Fuck it's true Vampires are real!!!!!!!  lmao

Quoting Miller0305:

We're going on year 112 and none were hard.  I don't anticipate that changing, we are still very much in love and happy.

Some times you just have to punt the ball.
starlight91
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:08 PM

We've had our ups and downs , nothing heart shattering, so far have made it 16 yrs married, 22 yrs together in April.

ChrissyReznor
by Platinum Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:08 PM
We've never had any REALLY hard times. We have fights and disagree about things but the only major thing that's ever happened was last year and we've been together almost 13yrs

SageAdvice
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:08 PM
4 moms liked this

lmao not fast enough on the edit.. thanks for a good laugh

Quoting Miller0305:

We're going on year 12 and none were hard.  I don't anticipate that changing, we are still very much in love and happy.

Some times you just have to punt the ball.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:09 PM
2 moms liked this
The years when you have a 2 year old in the house. Many couples file for divorce when they are raising a 2 year old. Like 40%, something like that.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)