Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Confession: I am so not ready for this Edit.

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:12 PM
  • 75 Replies
Seriously, I am usually so prepared for anything and everything. Dd has been budding lately: sore breast area and her nips are growing. :-/ My mom got her some training bras.

She has also be cramping and has had occasional spotting. I bought her some pantiliners. The hair on her legs is getting darker. She has some little hairs in her pits and she says (I don't want to see it!) she is growing some "down there too".

Dd just recently turned 10 like two weeks ago. The budding and cramping started around Christmas. The one that caught me off guard is the smell coming from her pits. Yuck. Off to buy her some deodorant in the morning. My baby is definitely not a baby anymore. She is in full fledged puberty.

I'm so sad. :-(

Thanks so much ladies for sharing your tips and own tales of pubescent woes. At least I don't feel so alone. I've been letting dd read this with me and she is glad to see it isn't unusual for someone her age to be going through this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
acrogodess
by Ruby Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Her 10th birthday.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peregrinus
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:14 PM

I'm right there with you.  My dd is also 10.  I feel like it's soo early for this!  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:14 PM

You guys are scaring me :( Mine is 9 1/2 and I'm nowhere NEAR ready

acrogodess
by Ruby Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:17 PM
I was totally prepared for so many of the issues, but oddly enough, it was the smelly teen thing that got me the most. :-(

She is breaking out across her forehead too. I need to buy her some full size maxipads for when she does get her period. We bleed heavily in my family. :-( poor baby.

I've already had the sex talk with her since I was working in a school and know what she was hearing on the school bus before we started homeschooling.

Quoting peregrinus:

I'm right there with you.  My dd is also 10.  I feel like it's soo early for this!  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
acrogodess
by Ruby Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:18 PM
Only reason I was ready is because I remember I started around the same age.

Quoting Anonymous:

You guys are scaring me :( Mine is 9 1/2 and I'm nowhere NEAR ready

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
paganmommy4
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:20 PM

Teach her to start shaving now.. And I hear ya on that.. My girls are seven and two... Not ready at all

momtomine
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:21 PM

It is all the blink of an eye.  One minutes they're newborns and you wish you could get some extra sleep and the next they're so grown up.  Hang in there, mama.

acrogodess
by Ruby Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:23 PM
Why so early? They aren't that dark yet or thick. I think I was about 13 or 14 when I started shaving. The only reason I noticed was because she brought it to much attention. The hairs have gone from blonde and barely visible to a very light barely visible brown slightly thicker than before.

Quoting paganmommy4:

Teach her to start shaving now.. And I hear ya on that.. My girls are seven and two... Not ready at all

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mary841108
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:24 PM
EW my son started with the stinky pits too he has his own deodorant but my god he is a rank little man if he doesn't put it on. Dear lord I wish they can stay babies forever this puberty thing sucks
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
paganmommy4
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:24 PM

Okay then, I had super dark hair even at nine, ten years old, my mom bought me a razor because i needed to trim the pubes.. With me it came on dark and fast, so i decided to shave my legs while i was at it.

Quoting acrogodess:

Why so early? They aren't that dark yet or thick. I think I was about 13 or 14 when I started shaving. The only reason I noticed was because she brought it to much attention. The hairs have gone from blonde and barely visible to a very light barely visible brown slightly thicker than before.

Quoting paganmommy4:

Pagan, Pro-choice, Pro-vaxing, Pitbull Advocate
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN