Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Your bf/husband cheats on you would you work it out or leave?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
It was a one time thing with a woman he knows but would you leave or would you stay?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:45 PM
Replies (41-50):
reava
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:07 AM
Same

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

I would stay and work it out if he was willing to put in the effort. I don't believe that an affair is grounds to give up on our family, it was a mistake and we are mature adults that can move past it.

I know many couples that worked through affairs and went on to have extremely happy marriages.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mama_Dolly
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:09 AM
1 mom liked this
Keep his flat screen. And kick him out....
Oh I told him I would chop off his balls and feed them to the duckies....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LTryon
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:12 AM
I'd leave. I don't think I could handle always wondering. Once trust is broken it's REALLY hard to get back.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
saralovely129
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:13 AM

I'd leave him....he'd leave me if I ever kissed a man.

i wouldn't see him the same knowing she had half of me.....but that's me, if you can work through it then go for it...

CampClan
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Oh well I didn't know about your "one time thing" but if it was 1 time & it was the 1st time then YEAH I would try to work things out! 

But my ex had 2 affairs. The 2nd resulted in a baby. That baby is now almost 2 years old. I tried for almost a year to work things out. Notice I said *I*... he did not try. I gave up & now we are divorced.

Two_Hearts
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:16 AM
1 mom liked this

I honestly would leave. 

We have both been through so much just in the past year alone , and we have supported eachother above and beyond...so if he took my trust and stomped on it like that , i wouldn't think twice about ending things.

It would break my heart...don't get me wrong, but i deserve more respect than that and vice versa.

kansasmom1978
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:17 AM

I would try to work it out. If he cheats something is wrong in the marriage.

TinDoll
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:18 AM
1 mom liked this

OK couple Q's:

Does this women know/know of me?

How long were they planning it before it happened?

Where does he know her from?

Do we have kids?

Scenario that comes to mind, Woman and I need to have a chat. Dh and I need to have a chat. He gets to go to marriage counseling with me regardless and if it was an elaborately planned deal, very unlikely to live in the same home for awhile. If it was spur of the moment, one time thing, I really wouldn't have as big of a problem because sex is sex. He'd also have to get full round of tests done immediately and in 6 mo. Until he came back clean no sex from me and ya know the old addage about fool me twice. Oh and he'd have to tell me about it. If I found out on my own? Take him to work, kiss him bye, go home, pack dd and my stuff, clean out the account, and bye. You don't have the decency to tell me you fucked up? I'm not telling you I'm leaving. We can both have a bomb dropped on us. I'll send you paper.

Yeah I'm a bitch that way. LOL But I've never cheated in any relationship. If I can stay faithful, why can't he? It'd be even worse now since he's deployed. If I stay faithful while you're gone for 9mo then you damn sure better be faithful when I lie in bed next to you every night.

numonestunar
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:18 AM
Leave. I'm not a doormat. He can't fuck around and expect me to stay.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ACsLady
by Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:57 AM

Of course it takes two people to make a successful marriage. For the record, my husband highly respects me and loves me. He's an honorable man with strong character. We respect each other and are quite happy with our relationship.

All that aside, how I handle my relationship is my business. I couldn't care less what you think of me or my husband. You seem to forget this was a hypothetical question... I can't imagine any circumstance that would lead my husband to cheat on me, but anything is possible. IF it were to happen, I would want to work things out and repair/continue my relationship with him. That doesn't make me pathetic, though you can have whatever opinion you wish.

Quoting Miller0305:

That is so ridiculous.  It takes 2 people to make a marriage successful.  Not one pathetic woman and a man who disrespects her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)