Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

PA----- try to keep you down

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 65 Replies
2 moms liked this

I know this is not going to be a popular post and i will probably be told i am  wrong and a leech and a mooch and so forth. But it is the truth.

Yes, i get PA, i get snap and medicaid.  I do not get everything. I don't get child care assistance, government housing ect... BTW, i do work.

So someone is living on Pa, they are in government housing and child care assistance. They find a job or get a raise, within a month, their rent goes up, and their food stamp go down and they may lose their medicaid and/or be put on share of cost, and may even lose their child care assistance.

Or you have a 1 income family and the other parent finally finds a job well the job is low paying but because of the extra income  the same happen. but with the extra income they are now paying more out of pocket for childcare, food, and medical care. They are then having to choose between rent, food and child care.  This is why so many mother choose to be a sahm while on PA.

This is also the reason why so many who need the help don't qualify for assistance because the income level to be able to get it is so low. The cost of living has went up but the poverty  level has not.

What I am saying is that they don't give you time to save so you can be self sufficient.  They try to keep you down. You people have an issue with PA or how many people who are on PA, go to the government speak with the government, don't bitch as those who are struggling because we don't like it anymore than you do.

I will give an example: about 11 year ago for about 2 month I got on cash, while my now husband then  boyfriend was in-between job. I remember speaking with my mom about how much i was getting and she told me that the amount I was getting was the same amount she got after she had my older brother that was 25 year before. ( before anyone says Pa lifer. My mom was gang raped  at 14 and had my brother at 15 when she met my dad who was in the military he adopted my brother and we were born she was not on PA) The amount of cashed was the same as it was 25 year prior.

You Pa hater may not believe this but this is true. If you have never had to struggle and have never had to be on PA then you do not know. More people would be able to get off of PA if they actually help you get off not make it where you are stuck on it. It is the same for some of those who are trying to go to school, but are denied benefit because they are in school.

btw, I am not a pa lifer, I have been on it for a year. After my 2 month of getting cash 11 years ago i got off of PA, i found a job and so did my husband and never got PA again until 1 year ago when circumstance arose that made it so we had to get on PA.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:13 AM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:51 AM
2 moms liked this

I am not on PA and no one will give me the opportunity to save either.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:52 AM

Medicaid doesn't drop right away.

EvilAsh
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:56 AM

I agree with some of this...

But, if you're receiving food stamps, it goes in 6 month increments. If you get 500 a month, say, and then 2 months later, you get a better job where you know your food stamps will decrease, you still have to report it, obviously, but you keep getting that 500 a month for the last 4 months.

And with housing, I can't speak from personal experience, but the rent increases anyway. You're only allowed in housng for a certain amount of time before your lease, or whatever it is, is up and you move out. Rent slowly goes up over the years to get you ready to support yourself and your family. 

So, they do get you ready, the only thing they don't help you with is cash, rightfully so. If you have a job and don't need cash anymore, why should you get it?

EvilAsh
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:57 AM

Neither does food stamps.

Quoting Anonymous:

Medicaid doesn't drop right away.

CafeMom Tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:58 AM
2 moms liked this

Keeping the poor down is all part of the liberal agenda.  If you ask me, it's the new form of slavery.  "Here, you go do this, we'll give you enough to survive and you, in turn vote for us."

lnrmom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:00 AM
1 mom liked this

1) your post was incredibly difficult to read due to spelling and grammatical errors. My guess is you will get ripped to shreds from the grammer nazi's. Just warning you.

2) I have been on PA in the past, when I was between jobs, etc. However, it pushed me to work harder to get to where I am today because I didn't like the struggle. So many, like my SO's sister, get comfortable at the bottom and choose to stay there rather than clawing their way to the top.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:00 AM
1 mom liked this

lol slavery was forced. No one forces you to take PA.

Quoting Anonymous:

Keeping the poor down is all part of the liberal agenda.  If you ask me, it's the new form of slavery.  "Here, you go do this, we'll give you enough to survive and you, in turn vote for us."

fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:02 AM
3 moms liked this

Actually not true if their is any change in your income you're required to report it immediately and they change any benefits accordingly by the next month.

Quoting EvilAsh:

I agree with some of this...

But, if you're receiving food stamps, it goes in 6 month increments. If you get 500 a month, say, and then 2 months later, you get a better job where you know your food stamps will decrease, you still have to report it, obviously, but you keep getting that 500 a month for the last 4 months.

And with housing, I can't speak from personal experience, but the rent increases anyway. You're only allowed in housng for a certain amount of time before your lease, or whatever it is, is up and you move out. Rent slowly goes up over the years to get you ready to support yourself and your family. 

So, they do get you ready, the only thing they don't help you with is cash, rightfully so. If you have a job and don't need cash anymore, why should you get it?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:02 AM
1 mom liked this

Ahh... a faux news supporter....

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)